Guest Ditch_Shitter

:hmm: 'Cadders'; There are a plethora of good, genuine, registered 'Greyhound Rescue' outfits, up and down the land.

These people are Very good as sussing out who's fit to get their hands on the retired Greyhounds entrusted to them.

They Home Check. They Ask Probing Questions. They look out for 'Bull 'n Terriers', stood waiting to kick off yet another bunch of ill concieved, back yard bred, 'money spinning' " Bull X's " .....

Of course; If one has considered the pro's and con's and has decided that, yes, one could offer a long term, stable, caring home to a retired runner? No problemmo. They'll Gladly visit you and, all things being equel, sort you out with the bitch of your dreams :)

Why not contact them, Cadders?

Guest oldskool
and what if you do want a greyhound bitch for breeding that doesn't mean that your only breeding to make money

i agree, i got a greyhound because i wanted to breed my bitch to him... certainly not for money!! he will have a home for life and he seems to be very happy!!! if i went to these people to ask for a greyhound would they refuse me one if i told them my intentions???

and what if you do want a greyhound bitch for breeding that doesn't mean that your only breeding to make money

i agree, i got a greyhound because i wanted to breed my bitch to him... certainly not for money!! he will have a home for life and he seems to be very happy!!! if i went to these people to ask for a greyhound would they refuse me one if i told them my intentions???

They would also of cut his knackers off as well so not much use as a stud :11:

Cadders Pm me what you are looking for and I will have an ask about for you as long as it has got a home for life :thumbs-up:

Edited by Chaz
Guest oldskool

i agree with home checks etc, but i think sometimes these sort of people go overboard... when i first met the girlfriend she was in the process of getting a collie for a replacement when her dads old one had died... after a rig ma role of nosey and silly questions she was refused because there wouldnt be any one at home between the hours of 9-5??? the dog would have had the life of rielly living in the back yard/lawn... well fenced in and fed twice a day etc etc... i gave her a lurcher instead :)

They would also of cut his knackers off as well so not much use as a stud :11:

Cadders Pm me what you are looking for and I will have an ask about for you as long as it has got a home for life :thumbs-up:

Cadders - I would take Chaz up on his offer :yes: agree with the "homes for life" bit far too many unwanted out there already.