Stoats...

I said ground nesting birds. Waders, grouse ,partridge and suchlike.

People don't set traps and spend a good proportion of their lives checking them for stoats for the good of their health.

In certain circumstances they are vermin, and nobody enquired what the circumstances were before the man was slated for killing it.

Where I live and work I regard them as vermin and they are killed on sight.

Just my opinion.

Cheers.

FTB

your entitled to your opinion pal everyones is different and to be fair ive not slated anybody in this thread

regards hedz

lol, would have been kool to see... A dog jumping off a quad to get its quarry. :thumbs: :thumbs:

...As far as the Stoat argument goes, if its doing damage to anybody's land or stock then it should be "dealt" with, as any wild animal should be (when its peoples livelihood at stake) Ban or no Ban :yes:

Rey

lol, would have been kool to see... A dog jumping off a quad to get its quarry. :thumbs: :thumbs:

...As far as the Stoat argument goes, if its doing damage to anybody's land or stock then it should be "dealt" with, as any wild animal should be (when its peoples livelihood at stake) Ban or no Ban :yes:

Rey

I Think you missunderstood, she was driving the quad at the time!!! :tongue2:

A family of stoats will do as much damage to ground nesting birds as a family of foxes.

Give the guy a break, I am sure he dispatcjed it with a gun first.

Aye there nice to look at but vermin all the same.

Im with you on that mate, everyone goes after foxes, and brand them as vermin that need to be kept in check, but the stoat often gets a free ride? I dont get it... I was killing 200- 300 stoats and weasels per year and there were always plenty about, they are serious predators, and if you want to preserve gamebird and rabbit numbers then they should to be controlled. My dogs have marked tons for me over the years, all mine will mark predatory vermin.

i see alot of them round here never let the dogs near them though, i kinda like watching the little buggers you have to admire them for there size there bloody fearless and fast as lightning ive seen them tackle rats nearly twice there size and course rabbits along hedge bottoms its fantastic to watch

regards hedz

That'll be a weasel then:boogie:

Cheers, D.

i see alot of them round here never let the dogs near them though, i kinda like watching the little buggers you have to admire them for there size there bloody fearless and fast as lightning ive seen them tackle rats nearly twice there size and course rabbits along hedge bottoms its fantastic to watch

regards hedz

That'll be a weasel then:boogie:

Cheers, D.

no pal definatly a stoat lol i know the difference quite well and if you have not seen a rat twice the size of a stoat your rats aint being fed well enough your end of the country :laugh:

Aye. . . .. . why kill something just for the sake, if its no causing any harm enjoy it for what it is. I always try to respect and enjoy watching fellow hunters no matter what size of shape, as long as they are not causing excessive damage.

if its no causing any harm enjoy it for what it is.............So your telling me everything you hunt and kill is causing harm,get a grip

Aye. . . .. . why kill something just for the sake, if its no causing any harm enjoy it for what it is. I always try to respect and enjoy watching fellow hunters no matter what size of shape, as long as they are not causing excessive damage.

if its no causing any harm enjoy it for what it is.............So your telling me everything you hunt and kill is causing harm,get a grip

Agree Scent. Was fishing the other day and one crossed my swim,done a little fiesty `man` dance in front of the rods and went on his way. Never seen one in this location,considering it was 25 yrds from a busy A road roundabout in the middle of a small road infested,field bare,seaside town. Just nice to see when they aint gettin on your tits..