WHAT SIZE

jockdog

Jock,i just seen this on the airgunbbs,but i'd be quick cos it's at the right money.

airarms s200 mk2

.177 calibre

10 shot conversion

logun silencer

jsr 6-24x50 mil dot

£275 delivered next day.

Crackin set up to get you started mate. ;)

Absolute bargain..........Al :thumbs-up:

Hi Mad Al, got 2airguns at the moment, the HW and a BSA lightning xl FAC, both.177.

If I compare both on prestations.. they are equal , but find the HW more accurate, and more "gun" for almost the same price as the BSA. The weight can be a problem for a tiny small person, but it give's a lot of stability when aiming. When you ask me? I find it the best springer at the moment! I shoot Diana's (RWS), CZ, Webley (patriot), Gamo cfx 30, 1000, 440 hunter and HW 80 and HW90.

ow, I almost forget to say that the 2 stage match triggers on HW's are making the big difference in shooting accurate.

Thanks Targa, I hope I can return the info one day........Al :thumbs-up:

Hey there, how do you rate the 97K?, I know for one that may be up for sale, so your comments would be very much appreciated...........Al :thumbs-up:

Just given one away Al. Nice rifle. Only slightly lighter than the TX (or that's the way it feels) and much easier loading mechanism. Doesn't have the build quality of the TX in my opinion but it's a nice rifle for the field.

Cheers Stabs, I'm looking at the 97K, but I also know of a TX200, both are .22 and I am favouring .177 at the moment, so not really sure. I was going to trade in my X2 Sports for an Air Wolf at the weekend, but I'm thinking of using the Anshutz for hunting as well as FT and save quite a bit of momey in doing so. The thing is with the Anshutz once you've clocked quarry, it's history, the same with the Air Wolf, but I can't really justify the expense of the two.

My brother has 'alf inched my Pro Sport, a gamekeeper originally wanted the 97K, but now has his eye on my Longbow, so I'm thinking of something to replace two "everyday" rifle that will be out everyday in the fields

• 2 years later...

The calibre question is really a non starter both .177 .22 will do the job it's all according where you put the pellet!

But the other way i look at it is the .177 is a scalpel and the .22 is the machette both will definately do the job but its up to the shooter to put the thing in the right place.

in my eyes 177 is the way to go in 12ftlb form. its is more forgiving is flater and range is 35 to 40 yards if your a good shot. where 22 is loopy range is 25 to 30 yards. more if you no the rifle and set up well but i think 177 is better.

but in fac then 22 all the way

WHAT IS THE BEST FOR HUNTING IN YOURE OPPINIONS.

I ALWAYS THOUGHT 2.2 BUT READING AN ARTICLE 1.77 COMES OUT BETTER BECAUSE OF ACCURACY AT 40 YARDS WITH THE PELLET GROUPINGS.

HAD AIR RIFLES YEARS AGO BSA METEOR THEN A WEIURACH HW77K

GOT ABOUT £350 TO SPEND ON A RIFLE WHAT WOULD you SUGGEST FOR VERMIN

LIKE THE LOOK OF THE BSA, ULTRA

i have a logan axor .22 for sale with bottles, HW silencer, spare stock ect... its in the for sale section will take £300

Having shot with airguns heavily for over 20 years i have to say the .177 is the best by a mile. I have bagged huge amounts of quarry with this calibre in both springers and PCP and with over a dozen different guns. The only place i can see a .22 more beneficial is maybe when ratting at close range. Saying that, you hit them in the head and they;re going nowhere.....

The .177 is flatter and has greater penetration......mindst you, it always depends on the pellets too....use a good quality dome head and you will be fine...

One of the best guns i ever had was a HW77 and i was bagging alot of game with it. Lots and lots of tough birds were dropped as well as a myriad of rabbits and squirrels. I got a shock when i got it chrono'd, it was only doing 10ft/lb...all the time i had thought it was on the 12/ft/lb border!

Having shot with airguns heavily for over 20 years i have to say the .177 is the best by a mile. I have bagged huge amounts of quarry with this calibre in both springers and PCP and with over a dozen different guns. The only place i can see a .22 more beneficial is maybe when ratting at close range. Saying that, you hit them in the head and they;re going nowhere.....

The .177 is flatter and has greater penetration......mindst you, it always depends on the pellets too....use a good quality dome head and you will be fine...

One of the best guns i ever had was a HW77 and i was bagging alot of game with it. Lots and lots of tough birds were dropped as well as a myriad of rabbits and squirrels. I got a shock when i got it chrono'd, it was only doing 10ft/lb...all the time i had thought it was on the 12/ft/lb border!

But surely that was just good pellet placement? (& do you mind me calling you surely?)

Exactly Caretaker, good pellet placement with .177, means less trajectory and better accuracy.

accuracy does not run parralell with ft/lb energy I'm afraid....

I have used many different types of airgun, both normal and FAC and i always prefer one kicking superdomes out nice and sweet at 11.5 f/lb....they take some beating.......JMHO>..JD

Ive got a BSA ultra .22 and for me it does the job

i got shooting rabbit in a local farm and it hasnt let me down

i got mine for £200 and i came with a case and a very good scope

but i suppose i got a good deal

ive never had a .177 but i would always take up the chance to get one if i could

Mitch :victory:

• 2 weeks later...