which one

Hi guys and gals. i'm in a bit of a dilemer here i am on the hunt for a new rifle and its either between the browning x bolt stainless stalker or the tikka t3 lite stainless. i can afford either one but not sure which one. it will be in 22-250 and and going to put the mod on not sure which one of them to get either or which optic any help will be much apprieciated folks. thanks for reading

stevie

go for the tikka mate have got 1 and no complaints got a t8 mod only down fall on this is when squeaking in at times it rings of the mod wildcat mods are good as they come apart for cleaning purposes as for scopes your worlds your oister but def go for the 30mm tubes though.atb and good luck .

go for the tikka mate have got 1 and no complaints got a t8 mod only down fall on this is when squeaking in at times it rings of the mod wildcat mods are good as they come apart for cleaning purposes as for scopes your worlds your oister but def go for the 30mm tubes though.atb and good luck .

i was thinking that. i can get the tikka for £660 new. . heard god reveiws about the browning tho. the optic i was looking at was a burris but it was only 25mm tube. i will only have around the £400 mark for a scope tho . i will try get the 30mm

you wont go wrong with a tikka mate bar a saco rifle mate just bought tikka 222 chuffed to bits with it. we now home loading rounds and am very pleased with the way its grouping now. scopes on my gun are budget scopes hawke endurance 2.5-10 x56 30mm tubes. do the job for me. got my gun nearly 3 years ago now bargain only had 100 through it see the ticket from new at the guns shop came with mod and mounts £595.00 bargain. bonus with tikka t3 lite stainless no rust !!!

you wont go wrong with a tikka mate bar a saco rifle mate just bought tikka 222 chuffed to bits with it. we now home loading rounds and am very pleased with the way its grouping now. scopes on my gun are budget scopes hawke endurance 2.5-10 x56 30mm tubes. do the job for me. got my gun nearly 3 years ago now bargain only had 100 through it see the ticket from new at the guns shop came with mod and mounts £595.00 bargain. bonus with tikka t3 lite stainless no rust !!!

thats brilliant price mate. i want the tikka but it is at the top end of my price range. all i'm doing on here is to get some convincing on what rifle to get haha. i like the browning tho but dont know many people with them and dont know alot about them. cheers stevie

I have just been through this dilema myself!

I went for a bit of a wildcard, a Winchester Mod 70 Coyote lite:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/detail.asp?family=001C&mid=535115

its got a stainless steel fluted barrel, so all the upsides of a heavy barrel profile without all the weight, its go a Bell and Carlson synthetic stock full floated and its aluminium chassis bedded.

Its made by winchester, which for all purposes is browning and has a five year warranty.

Im well chuffed with it it cost £650, and another £50 to get it screw cut.

Its very accurate, better than my shooting thats for sure!

I was going to get a remmy 700 but spec for spec this is about half the price for the same spec in a remy.

ATB

Jonno

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/detail.asp?family=001C&mid=535115

its got a stainless steel fluted barrel, so all the upsides of a heavy barrel profile without all the weight, its go a Bell and Carlson synthetic stock full floated and its aluminium chassis bedded.

Its made by winchester, which for all purposes is browning and has a five year warranty.

I was going to get a remmy 700 but spec for spec this is about half the price for the same spec in a remy.

ATB

Jonno

That Winchester is a nice lookin bit of kit:)

Get yourself a pre Tikka T3, such as a M590 & M595, these have real build quality, the T3 is a budget rifle and do not have the build quality, of the 590s & 595s, you can pick them up at a reasonable price, have a look in Guntrader for an idea, and with the extra money left over you can buy yourself better glass, I have a 590 in .22-250, and it's what I would call smiddy build, it has a Zeiss Conquest scope on top, and it is deadly accurate.

Atb Bob.

HI mate depending where you are in scotland i could get you a shot with a tikka/a browning /or a cz all in 22/250 cal there all owned by me an the mates were down Edinburgh way.cheers stuart.Dont know much about moderators we all use t8s an t4s the new t8 is the same size as the old t4 dunno how they done that lol.

ATB

Jonno

there very good rifles mate. i have the older model stealth which was in alot of reviews years ago as one of the best out the box rifles in 22/250 you could get.

mine comes with the soild h&s stock with alloy bedding block and i have replaced the trigger for a jewell match trigger which are anything from £200 to £250 pound over here in the uk. im looking for 675 posted to the buyers rfd ! THERE CANT BE ALOT OF MONEY ABOUT AT THE MOMENT ! as i guessed this rifle would have been snapped up

got a nice rpa rifle now coming to my rfd as ive allways wanted one. guess being english made is allways nice.

Edited by jamie g