Few pics.

karl must def own that huge animal cause he has the same size head and shape as him :laugh:

well i have a whippet aswell, i must look like that also :tongue2:

and i was disgusted no body tryed take my dog, i even tied him to a fence post and closed my eyes and counted to 100

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes mate think so   My terrier won her race today lol   atb   sg

Posted Images

Few pics.

karl must def own that huge animal cause he has the same size head and shape as him :laugh:

and i was disgusted no body tryed take my dog, i even tied him to a fence post and closed my eyes and counted to 100

10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100... :laugh:

Few pics.

you would have a better chance of someone tryin to take your virginity pal :laugh:

Few pics.

you would have a better chance of someone tryin to take your virginity pal :laugh:

send him around :icon_redface:

I wont be going next year to Birr fair, that's for sure.... :no:

The judge for the every man and his dog, said i should put my lurcher down, as she was too small for work and her being 22''.... :thumbdown:

I am very happy with her she does me very well.. ;)

I asked when i got their where the lurcher car park was and was tolled by a arogant twat, that their was no such thing and i had to go in the public car park, which, was miles away from the fair, being it was hot, my 2 dogs got hot walking backwards and forwards.... :thumbdown:

I also found, that the travellers that were their, were the most annoying feckers i have ever come across, the place was full of them, like the wasps....!!! :no:

Everything was well over priced as well, we are in a resetion don't forget.... :thumbdown:

Will never, go their again.... :no:

Ballinlough was far better.... :yes:

Blue One,

As most people will confirm the car parks were well signposted from each other and from all directions. I am sorry you failed to follow the correct signage. The several hundred of terrier & lurcher folks managed to find their way to Gate C quite comfortably.

The local Garda Supt personally approved our signposting!

We don't have 'arrogant twats' working for us at any gate and I take exception to you making this allegation. In fact if you want to throw comments like this about I would suggest that the epithet of 'twat' was more appropriate for someone who couldn't follow extensive signage.

The number of travellers amongst the record crowd of just under 32,000 was fairly negligible. We had a security man at each gate, 6 plus supervisor inside and over 35 stewards plus 6 garda. There were four security personnel in the terrier & lurcher field at any one time and I personally spent at least one third of my time in that area. In fact at any one time at least one of our four directors and/or the site manager was in the Mount Palmer /GateC car park area. The Garda complimented us on our overall control and stewarding of such a large attendance.

As you are no doubt aware it is illegal to discriminate against travellers or any group of people even if one was so inclined. It is up to people who attend any event to look after their property. I sympathise deeply with anyone who has lost their dogs as I once lost a complete litter of very well bred and valuable GSDs and a friend had his retriever of the year stolen after making it an international FTCh.

I will personally be happy to put up a reward for information resulting in the recovery of any stolen sporting dog through our magazine and website- It can work because when we put up such a reward last year for people taking down our posters in the Westmeath area we received excellent quality information which allowed us to identify the perpetrators.

Your allegation that everything was over priced at Birr is quite frankly a nonsense. Each stand had at least one bargain offer and most had several. PLus there was much more choice than at Ballinlough and such competition always means lower prices. I saw and took advantage of a number of real bargain buys from various stands. And of course while Ballinlough advertised 'over 180 trade stands' I have yet to meet ANYONE who saw anywhere near that number. The Ballinlough organisers also advertised that they were in partnership with CAI - CAI have denied this. WE HAD OVER 180 STANDS.

Traders, competitors and public who attended both fairs had absolutely no doubt which was the better fair and of course I have videos of both for those who did not attend one or other if anyone wishes to see the factual situation. As I have said I deal in facts not wild allegations.

You are of course entitled to your opinion no matter how misguided but it is not shared by organisations such as the NARGC,FISSTA, CAI, IFA COuntryside plus obviously the very much larger number of traders , competitors, sponsors and public involved in the Birr event. Or by the media which reported on the two events.

Edited by AlbertJ

Few pics.

too late mate, i lost my virginity to the parish priest when i was 8, he said he'd call phone me later but he did'nt :cry: all men are pigs :(

Edited by wetdogsmell

Few pics.

too late mate, i lost my virginity to the parish priest when i was 8, he said he'd call phone me later but he did'nt :cry: all men are pigs :(

dont be like that now..i have sweetys :angel:

Few pics.

make it a curry and we'll talk buisness,, its my slender child like prison bitch frame that bring all the boys to the yard (that and my milkshakes) :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Few pics.

make it a curry and we'll talk buisness,, its my slender child like prison bitch frame that bring all the boys to the yard (that and my milkshakes) :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

:cray: :tongue4: :air_kiss::wub:

now come to daddy!!!!!!!

Few pics.

hes a big fan of wine gums i hear :angel:

The judge for the every man and his dog, said i should put my lurcher down, as she was too small for work and her being 22''.... :thumbdown:

I asked when i got their where the lurcher car park was and was tolled by a arogant twat, that their was no such thing and i had to go in the public car park, which, was miles away from the fair, being it was hot, my 2 dogs got hot walking backwards and forwards.... :thumbdown:

I also found, that the travellers that were their, were the most annoying feckers i have ever come across, the place was full of them, like the wasps....!!! :no:

Everything was well over priced as well, we are in a resetion don't forget.... :thumbdown:

Blue One,

As most people will confirm the car parks were well signposted from each other and from all directions. I am sorry you failed to follow the correct signage. The several hundred of terrier & lurcher folks managed to find their way to Gate C quite comfortably.

We don't have 'arrogant twats' working for us at any gate and I take exception to you making this allegation. In fact if you want to throw comments like this about I would suggest that the epithet of 'twat' was more appropriate for someone who couldn't follow extensive signage.

The number of travellers amongst the record crowd of just under 32,000 was fairly negligible. We had a security man at each gate, 6 plus supervisor inside and over 35 stewards plus 6 garda. There were four security personnel in the terrier & lurcher field at any one time and I personally spent at least one third of my time in that area. In fact at any one time at least one of our four directors and/or the site manager was in the Mount Palmer /GateC car park area. The Garda complimented us on our overall control and stewarding of such a large attendance.

As you are no doubt aware it is illegal to discriminate against travellers or any group of people even if one was so inclined. It is up to people who attend any event to look after their property. I sympathise deeply with anyone who has lost their dogs as I once lost a complete litter of very well bred and valuable GSDs and a friend had his retriever of the year stolen after making it an international FTCh.

I will personally be happy to put up a reward for information resulting in the recovery of any stolen sporting dog through our magazine and website- It can work because when we put up such a reward last year for people taking down our posters in the Westmeath area we received excellent quality information which allowed us to identify the perpetrators.

Your allegation that everything was over priced at Birr is quite frankly a nonsense. Each stand had at least one bargain offer and most had several. PLus there was much more choice than at Ballinlough and such competition always means lower prices. I saw and took advantage of a number of real bargain buys from various stands. And of course while Ballinlough advertised 'over 180 trade stands' I have yet to meet ANYONE who saw anywhere near that number. The Ballinlough organisers also advertised that they were in partnership with CAI - CAI have denied this. WE HAD OVER 180 STANDS.

Traders, competitors and public who attended both fairs had absolutely no doubt which was the better fair and of course I have videos of both for those who did not attend one or other if anyone wishes to see the factual situation. As I have said I deal in facts not wild allegations.

You are of course entitled to your opinion no matter how misguided but it is not shared by organisations such as the NARGC,FISSTA, CAI, IFA COuntryside plus obviously the very much larger number of traders , competitors, sponsors and public involved in the Birr event. Or by the media which reported on the two events.

Ok Albert, sorry for the 'Twat' comment. :thumbs:

I will refraze what im was trying to say, in a nicer way.

I got into Birr town and just followed the sighns for game fair.

I did not see any sighn for lurcher and terrier car park, although, i was told that it was sign posted from the other end of town? :blink:

Now then, when i got to one of the entrances, i asked a steward, where the car park for lurcher and terriers were, he was very abrupt sand said this is the only car park for the public, which, was a long way, from the lurcher and terrier events.

Im not going to argue with ye, suffice to say, i wont be going next year.. :no:

Also, im sorry, but your security, was not the best, i have never seen so many bad, travelers in my life, that constantly hasseled me and my young son for our dogs!!! :(

How did these characters get in??? :hmm:

Now then, i am in no way, against travelers... :no: ..but, these were bad travelers, the sort that give good travelers a bad name.

On one stall, which was in ballinlough, their was a mouth fox call their, which was 10 euro, in birr, the same man, was asking 12 euro, for the same call? :blink:

This, is just my experince of yesterday and im sure, their was a lot more then me who totally enjoyed them selfs ect.. ;)

ALBERTJ,if you had that many security around the dog rings they must have been shittin themselves and hid cause I had a load of the travelers around me trying there best to rob the dogs and it was quiet evidet to all around me what was happening.Your security did a piss poor job at making their prescence felt because you can be sure I would have approached them and pointed out those that were constantly hassling people.I had a 15 year old son with me and we left early as we couldnt walk about in peace.We went to the main fair area and the bas.ards followed us the whole way down.Ive thought about it today and ive decided I wont be supporting the show again,I could have stayed at home and got hassle from the wife for free,instead I paid 15 euros to be accosted by fu.kin vermin that I wouldnt let the front tyres of my car roll over,I was dissapointed more for my son though because over the weeks befor the show he did nothing but look forward to the event,now he doesnt want to ever go again.I think that really sums what a shambles the security was,if there was any at all.I agree it is the people that are attending the show that have to look out for their property but also It must be put that the organisers of the show take a little responsibility for what took place on the day also.This is my opinion as i am entitled to,im not saying Im right or wrong but I find the attitude of organisers of these type of shows a little arrogant,kind of ''tough shit guys,deal with it''.NOW THATS ME DONE :bye:

Blue One,

AlbertJ congratulation on a wonderful event, I really enjoyed my visit to the fair on Sunday. But.

I too was intimatded by the presence of the large amount of travelers that were in attendance. While one cannot discriminate against any one group of people as you rightly pointed out, they must be some form of condition written within your own rules of conduct regarding this issue. It is not acceptable that one can be the recipient of such harassment without any form of punishment. I think that you may need to reconsider you conditions regarding admittance to the fair. I did observe serval Garda on duty on the Sunday and I feel that their intervention or close observation may have helped elevate the harassment on the public.

Please receive this information as constructive criticism.

John

to be fair lads as anoying and as intimidating as it is, its very hard to stop from a security point of veiw, i seen some guards and security around the fair but theres not alot you can do about smell bags asking people to sell dogs, there was a right load of scum there but theres no way of stopping people entering a show open to the public, there was some people leaving dogs in unlocked trailers and going to the main show 5 mins walk away,, while you should be able to do this, theres no way i'd leave my dog there