docking

SCHEDULE 2 REGULATION 3 & 4

FORM CERTIFICATE.

ANIMAL ACT 2006 SECTION 6

THE DOCKING OF WORKING DOGS TAIL DOCKING (ENGLAND REGULATIONS 2007.

THIS FORM TO BE COMPLETED BY THE VETERINARY SURGEON .

SO NO WAY WOULD THE VET PRODUCE A SIGN DOCKING FORM ON A A4 SHEET AND SIGN IT .

I Have just got back today from vets with four pups docked by vet ad to have them microchipped by same vet and it took approx half hour with paper work and there was three sheets to fill in and then microchipping paper work which only took a few mintues cost per dog was £41.12 each microchipping was 10.99 at this vets so cost to dock £30.13 dont ask me whre they get the price from but thats what you have to pay if you want it done by vet in england now .

Guest earthdogfinder

i know you cant see to much from this..but it will give you an idea how it should lookpost-13915-018170800 1282930064_thumb.jpg

Do the vets not date the certificates mate ? , ive recently acquired a pup from Ireland and there is no paper work - i dont think there is any law preventing/stopping docking over there (eire) is there ?

i know you cant see to much from this..but it will give you an idea how it should lookpost-13915-018170800 1282930064_thumb.jpg

Do the vets not date the certificates mate ? , ive recently acquired a pup from Ireland and there is no paper work - i dont think there is any law preventing/stopping docking over there (eire) is there ?

no, but id keep their address + phone number + see if you could get the number of their vet if possible

just to cover your back if you were asked to show certificate.

30 quid to dock each pup, yet again money LEGALLY STOLEN off the say so off the corruptist government this country has seen, a lad i know 6 weeks ago phoned a vet who declined to dock them, shows ya how much money there makin if they can afford to turn down over a ton for a couple of minutes work, has anyone been prosecuted for dockin there own terrier pups, also has anyone been prosecuted for turnin up at vets with there new 8 week old pup for its jab with a docked tail.

• Like 1
Guest earthdogfinder

no, but id keep their address + phone number + see if you could get the number of their vet if possible

You can do your own docking in eire carnt u Carraghsgem , no needing a vet at all ?

You can do your own docking in eire carnt u Carraghsgem , no needing a vet at all ?

not legally no, most do it themselves though. never heard of anyone pulled on it either.

Guest earthdogfinder

not legally no, most do it themselves though. never heard of anyone pulled on it either.

Ok , cheers Carraghsgem

30 quid to dock each pup, yet again money LEGALLY STOLEN off the say so off the corruptist government this country has seen, a lad i know 6 weeks ago phoned a vet who declined to dock them, shows ya how much money there makin if they can afford to turn down over a ton for a couple of minutes work, has anyone been prosecuted for dockin there own terrier pups, also has anyone been prosecuted for turnin up at vets with there new 8 week old pup for its jab with a docked tail.

Spot on with your comment.The feed back i have had with people takeing docked pups to the vets for jabs the vets in question have never asked for documetation about the pups docked tails and imho due to the availability of vaccines under the counter thats readily available some vets will not want to loose a very good profit makeing exersise by not jabbing pups with docked tails if they dont have the relavent paper work.atb dell

"A woman has received a life ban from dealing in animals after she admitted arranging to have the tails of nine puppies cut off.

Caroline Hall, 40, of Laburnum Road, Humberstone, admitted at Market Harborough Magistrates' Court causing and permitting the tails of the Rottweiler puppies to be removed, contrary to section six of the Animal Welfare Act 2006.

As well as the dealer ban, she was also fined £1,200 and ordered to pay £350 costs and a £15 court surcharge.

In the case brought by the RSPCA, Hall also admitted providing false information to a veterinary surgeon for the purpose of having the dogs' tails removed.

The Act makes it illegal for tails to be docked unless certification is provided to show that the dogs will be used for a legitimate working purpose.

The puppies, advertised for sale in a free magazine, were taken to a vets by Hall, who produced three forged letters, alleged to be from prospective owners, which said the dogs were to be working dogs.

In mitigation, the defendant said she was sorry and ashamed.

The vet will appear at Leicester Magistrates' Court on Thursday, June 4, at 2pm"

And she didn't even do them herself!

Edited by romany52