best night vision

ive aquired a .22 reuger and i want to do some serious pest control,what is the best night vision eye wear.

we have a hell of a lot of rabbits here and for the last 20 yrs ive ran a lurcher and a terrier but i would love to get into this shooting lark,

esp since a farmer friend told me the local game dealer is paying £1.75 for a shot rabbit gutted only,that will suit me fine,

hope someone can help with a few links,cheers john

If your shooting bunnies adn they have never/rarely been lamped you probably wont need it. At a place I shoot I can pick off 2 or 3 with my HMR or 22.250 (much louder than your Ruger) before they decide to pop back in, and within 15 mins they are back out again (dumb!!). When we haev shot the same area with my makes .22 Sako you dont even hear the round and can shoot all that are out before they realise whats going on, use sub sonics.

I suggest a good lamp with a dimmer and a couple of different filters.

i got a good budget nothing silly though,

i dont want one to attache to the gun i want the head gear type then i can have a mooch as well

thankyou for all your replys

If you just want to mooch why bother with night vision when a lamp will tell you whats on the land and save you a good bit of money, but if you wish to go down the NV route here are some rough prices

OK you want a head mounted Monocular which vary in price ie: Generation one from about £200 to £600 should see a rabbit at 50 to 100yards, Generation 2 from about £700 to £1500 should see a rabbit at 100 to 200 yards, Generation 3 from about £1800 to £4000,should see a rabbit at 200 to 400yards, then you will need a head mount which are around £80 to £200 then you will need a DSA cage to put the Monocular on to your day scope which are around £100 to £140 then you need an ir laser as you won't see a lot through your day scope at night without one these cost around £120 to £300, also the day scope will need to be some thing like a 3-16x56 with a side wheel or similar.

Hope this helps

i have just what you want on ebay no 160476503986

Hmmmmm ..... and we all know why it was only used twice :whistling: :whistling: Perhaps cos they are shite !

No beating around the bush with you Dave :boogie: tell it as it is ;)

Just being honest ! :boogie: Gen 1 is fine for air rifles but for .22lr then he should be looking at digital Nv or Gen 2 . I bought gen 1 to start off with and sold it with in 2 weeks as I was so disappointed. No doubt he will sooner or later move onto centrefire rifles too and Gen 1 is no use for centrefires in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I cant see, how a head worn night vision, is going to be any use, when used with a rifle rather than mooching, you'll still need a sight on the rifle, then what will you do, try to marry up the two units when wanting to take a shot :hmm:

I cant see, how a head worn night vision, is going to be any use, when used with a rifle rather than mooching, you'll still need a sight on the rifle, then what will you do, try to marry up the two units when wanting to take a shot :hmm:

It can be done but he will need an IR targeting laser fitted to his rifle

Edited by pestcontrol121

It can be done but he will need an IR targeting laser fitted to his rifle

I can understand a targetting laser, but then what about holdover or under, as with a telescopic sight/night vison, you have mil dots set at different ranges, but the laser would surely be set up, at a set distance, no room for error on calculating the distance, or have I got it wrong?