Wanted - Small Lurcher

Anyone know of any for sale? No Pups. Would prefer an older dog, used to being kennelled, good with kids, good off a lead. Prefer brains to speed. A contented dog.

It will be a family pet, bit of working, plenty of walking and biking. Perhaps one that is bad retriever, too old, splitting up, too many dogs etc.

No sarcasm – Thanks lads. PM with any details or phone numbers.

Edited by tommya

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:good: Spot on, Joe!

Here ye go, Tom. Start with " kaye@lurcher.org " . 'North / Midlands UK based. But Kaye'll know who's operating in your area, where ever that is. You might well be just what some poor f*cking Dog's dreaming of :)

:good: Spot on, Joe!

Here ye go, Tom. Start with " kaye@lurcher.org " . 'North / Midlands UK based. But Kaye'll know who's operating in your area, where ever that is. You might well be just what some poor f*cking Dog's dreaming of :)

i would second that, e-mail Kaye, she has all kinds of lurchers needing a home, some have a history others dont, she will help you find what you want and help out a dog that needs a home

Had a few replies but nothing that really fits the bill yet!

Small, dog, used to being kennelled, clever, not mad for hunting (neighbours have cats - dont want/need aggravation).

(Many thanks to lads who have replied)

well mate what kind of hunting ar you planing to do if you dont want a dog that doesnt bother cats?? :hmm: iv kept all sorts of dogs and its down to if the neighbours cats stupid enough to come into your garden :11:

I agree with you - Can't stand cats, but dont want aggravation

I am looking for a quiter companion type of dog

Edited by tommya
Guest game'dogs

Had a few replies but nothing that really fits the bill yet!

Small, dog, used to being kennelled, clever, not mad for hunting (neighbours have cats - dont want/need aggravation).

(Many thanks to lads who have replied)

well mate what kind of hunting ar you planing to do if you dont want a dog that doesnt bother cats?? :hmm: iv kept all sorts of dogs and its down to if the neighbours cats stupid enough to come into your garden :11:

I agree with you - Can't stand cats, but dont want aggravation

I am looking for a quiter companion type of dog

goto the dog home and tell them what you want ime sure they can find you what your looking for .

Don't want one from a dog home - how do people who work in dogs homes know what the dogs are like, some are only there for a few days and the people at the kennels wouldn't know anything about the dog!

I was asking on this forum for lurchers (as I want a lurcher) that may not suit what you lads want anymore - Too old, not fast enough, divorce, space wanted for new pup, etc.

If there are none, it doesn't matter - This is a Classified Forum - I thought it was the best place to ask.

Edited by tommya