terriers pets/ working dogs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the terriers we breed wouldnt be suitable for pet homes. i agree with carraghsGem on this. atb mrs A.R.D

Our two Nuttal terriers lived in.... the photos above remind me of them...they were hard as nails but soft in the house.

Just cos your mates dog is like that it doesnt mean every terrier thats kept for digging (which in my opinion most should be) is of the same temperement. My lakie x pats are equally at home in the ken

Hi guys i just recently thought id start a post alot of people say u cant have a terrier as a pet plus a worker me personally i think u can have a pet and as well as a worker?

depends of the breed + what work they are bred for, a lot of terriers bred for hard graft below ground dont make good pets, there is probably the occasional exception to this however.

my "pet" parson russel bitch has however turned into a good bushing terrier and only started hunting at the grand old age of 6 and a half, tbh, i didnt think she had it in her, shes 8 now and very handy when i go ferreting with the lurcher

Thats about right, my two Russels live in but they only go Rabbiting, my mate on the other hand goes digging and has got a lakeyxpat and i wouldnt let it near the bloody house its evil!

Just cos your mates dog is like that it doesnt mean every terrier thats kept for digging (which in my opinion most should be) is of the same temperement. My lakie x pats are equally at home in the kennel, or curled up in front of the fire or being fussed over by the kids, and they are very gentle and obedient dogs, show them some quarry and its a different story. If they were not 100% rock steady with my kids in the house they wouldnt be around very long i assure you. So before you make a statement which insinuates digging terriers are evil try engaging your brain and having a think first.

• Like 1
Guest Buttermilk

Our two were both 100% earth dogs ...and they were brilliant with my children. Digger slept on my son's bed. I suppose it depends on the dogs and more importantly, how you bring the dogs up and how well you know them.

When I met him, my ex-husband was of the opinion that working dogs lived outside and were most definitely not pets....after almost 20 years of marriage he changed his view totally. He now happily tells anyone who'll listen, that the dogs who 'lived in' as part of our family and were thoroughly spoiled by me (in a good way) were some of the best working dogs he's ever owned.

I think that dogs who love you and feel safe and secure will always give their very best....be that in the home or kennel.

Our two were both 100% earth dogs ...and they were brilliant with my children. Digger slept on my son's bed. I suppose it depends on the dogs and more importantly, how you bring the dogs up and how well you know them.

When I met him, my ex-husband was of the opinion that working dogs lived outside and were most definitely not pets....after almost 20 years of marriage he changed his view totally. He now happily tells anyone who'll listen, that the dogs who 'lived in' as part of our family and were thoroughly spoiled by me (in a good way) were some of the best working dogs he's ever owned.

I think that dogs who love you and feel safe and secure will always give their very best....be that in the home or kennel.

your good .........:thumbs:

hunting164.jpg

strange fella keeps patts + BADGERS in the house.

:blink:

thats what i thought. had to check twice as i couldnt beleive what :icon_eek: i was seeing

hunting164.jpg

strange fella keeps patts + BADGERS in the house.

:blink:

French!!!! :blink::blink:

:toast: This is funny but my feist dogs actually can learn the difference between game and pets...My JRT has a little more trouble. Too much SPAZ bred into her, I reckon.

Hi guys i just recently thought id start a post alot of people say u cant have a terrier as a pet plus a worker me personally i think u can have a pet and as well as a worker?

yes you can.pets and workers

hunting181.jpg

hunting188.jpg

hunting164.jpg

hunting055.jpg

2007_0322house0016.jpg

Your pics say it all!!!! nice lookin dogs too!!!! :thumbs:

Edited by ELFIE