terrierman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Surely most men would love been a terrierman for a pack. During cubbing your out at dawn four days a week watching hounds at their craft while probably getting a dig or two in every morning. During th

True, but the only man you'll hear say that is the terrierman, LOL.

well, if you like, ive hear,d it from huntsman and master, who does huntsman look to if he,s having a bad day?and who looks for foxes and wants work for his tykes, well it aint tha whip is it?, ha,ha,ha, terrier mans job is underesturmated,but when they can not find and you can, well its still a thankless job, but at least we have, the satifaction of knowing, we found im and its down to us that your ounds are still in blood, and the young entry have entered, whooooooooop, rip im an eat im, my luvives,, who,whoooooooooop, dd

Difficult job in very difficult times.Hunt terriermans job is not just about putting a dog in and digging it out,any fool can do that,its about setting a day up for hunting.The sad fact is there are 100`s and 100`s that THINK they could be a terrierman but very few actually could.

Very very few packs will give the terriermen feck all unless you are professional..I know quite a few who only get a bottle of scotch at the end of the season mind you they do get a quad or truck to use on drag days..Still get the blame if anything goes wrong..Im lucky I suppose as when I started I got on really well with the huntsman .He was old school and I did what I wanted when I wanted .He knew what I was up to and I knew what he was doing ..We made a good team..RIP J. Oshea..Too many part time huntsman and Masters about nowadays and most know feck all ..But as said the cream of the jobs will always be filled no chance of getting in there ..

Very very few packs will give the terriermen feck all unless you are professional..I know quite a few who only get a bottle of scotch at the end of the season mind you they do get a quad or truck to use on drag days..Still get the blame if anything goes wrong..Im lucky I suppose as when I started I got on really well with the huntsman .He was old school and I did what I wanted when I wanted .He knew what I was up to and I knew what he was doing ..We made a good team..RIP J. Oshea..Too many part time huntsman and Masters about nowadays and most know feck all ..But as said the cream of the jobs will always be filled no chance of getting in there ..

thats half the battle getting on with your huntsman, he was a good chap,mr oshea, sometimes a hard man to work for, but as you said don he was old school and there nothing wrong in that , they are very far and few between these days, thats allways been a bugbare of mine amateur master/huntsman, but thats for another day.

Helping a pack out on hunt days is one thing in that you get to see hounds hunting and work your terriers. But a lot of lads when they become professional get a bit of a shock when they spend a large amount of their time fencing, skinning, collecting fallen stock, exercising hounds, getting roared at ,spending the day before hunting out in all weathers untill after dark preparing and then a bit of time working their terriers.

You have to be cut out for it and when the shit hits the fan it's usually the terrier mans fault.

:yes::yes: totally agree with you alot of people think its there ideal job getting paid for terrier work. but thats only a small part of your week and the rest you are at the bottom of the pile doing the jobs no one else wants to do. You may already have one but you require a firearms certificate most of the time too. Good luck and ATB if you carry on to persue this as a job ;)

Whinging feckers, it's the greatest way of life for a digging man

So true Levs but "digging man" is open to question :whistling: .Whats the average a "digging man" on here gets a season?.Not that many i should think :tongue2: Digging "every" sunday morning,apart from the ones when they have got a hangover and the ones at the car boot and the ones when its raining,is not really hard core is it?.

Helping a pack out on hunt days is one thing in that you get to see hounds hunting and work your terriers. But a lot of lads when they become professional get a bit of a shock when they spend a large amount of their time fencing, skinning, collecting fallen stock, exercising hounds, getting roared at ,spending the day before hunting out in all weathers untill after dark preparing and then a bit of time working their terriers.

You have to be cut out for it and when the shit hits the fan it's usually the terrier mans fault.

its a way of life than a job.much the same as keepering ;)