need some advice!!

hi all i've got a collie/grey x saluki/grey 11 week old pup. every time i take it to the local pack it wants to eat every bit of dog shite there. and it eats its own at home. hes on a good diet of tripe,puppy food mixed with greyhound complet. has anyone got any ideas how to stop him? cheers atb matty

Guest Buttermilk

Hello....it's known as a 'morbid appetite' and is fairly common in pups apparently.

Not had this problem myself, but a friend did and his bitch pup grew out of it fairly quickly. Thing is , you don't want it to become a habit :sick:

I think he just whacked her with a rolled up newspaper whenever she tried to do it in his own garden and told her 'no!!'in the 'voice of doom'....pups hate the sound of 'newspaper slapping'.... and it stopped fairly quickly. I'd probably not take your pup where there is a lot of dog faeces, ie: local park...so that she's not tempted to eat it and you'll be able to break the habit more quickly and also, primarily, so that she's not exposed to bacteria and germs at such a young age....has she had all her jabs?

P.S. Meant to say...pick up her poo as soon as she's done it if possible and don't leave 'old poo's' lying around....if she's bored or hungry or just curious...she'll be tempted to munch it again.

Edited by Buttermilk

hi all i've got a collie/grey x saluki/grey 11 week old pup. every time i take it to the local pack it wants to eat every bit of dog shite there. and it eats its own at home. hes on a good diet of tripe,puppy food mixed with greyhound complet. has anyone got any ideas how to stop him? cheers atb matty

usually something missing in diet,also maybe needs wormed

usually something missing in diet,also maybe needs wormed

:yes::thumbs:

<br />
<br />hi all i've got a collie/grey x saluki/grey 11 week old pup. every time i take it to the local pack it wants to eat every bit of dog shite there. and it eats its own at home. hes on a good diet of tripe,puppy food mixed with greyhound complet. has anyone got any ideas how to stop him? cheers atb matty<br />
<br />usually something missing in diet,also maybe needs wormed<br />
hes had all jabs and wormed up to date what could be missing from hes diet? Edited by woodmat
<br />
<br />hi all i've got a collie/grey x saluki/grey 11 week old pup. every time i take it to the local pack it wants to eat every bit of dog shite there. and it eats its own at home. hes on a good diet of tripe,puppy food mixed with greyhound complet. has anyone got any ideas how to stop him? cheers atb matty<br />
<br />usually something missing in diet,also maybe needs wormed<br />
hes had all jabs and wormed up to date what could be missing from hes diet?

is the greyhound complete puppy stuff,its maybe to rich

i've heard that if you give her a bit of pineapple it helps stop her eating it .. supposed to taste nice going in but not so nice when out :sick: .. but this will only help in the garden as the stool has to have it in it.

but it still may deter her from eating it .. but someone else maybe able to shed more itte on it for you :thumbs: ATB