Which camera for the job>

Our first digi camera was a Jenoptik C2.1 and I was a well pleased with the photo it took.

http://www99.shopping.com/xPF-Jenoptik_JD_...earch.aol.co.uk

I think it was around the 70 mark but that was a good few years back now, anyway should be alot cheaper now if it is still available anyway some thing like that would do you fine.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Everyone swears by what they have, mate ;)

My first one - about a dozen years ago now - was a three hundred quid thing. Like half a f*ckin wall brick, it was! Did ok with it. Till it died and I was shafted.

In a mad panic to get a new camera, I accepted a Hewlett Packard one. Worth about seventy quid, I got it off the lorry for thirty. Wasn't worth a fiver! Took a few miserable, lousey shots and went tits up inside a month!

Then I got serious. I knew I'd be needing a Dogs danglers piece of kit for a Very photo orientated book I'm working on. Researched my subject this time. Bought me a Sony DSC - T3.

I have simply never before spent money so well! Barely the size and weight of a pack of twenty, it's Always on my belt and I'm Never aware that it's there. It takes pictures David Bailey would die for. If I ever show a crap shot on here, it's because I was rushing and / or simply used the wrong setting for the situation. Cost me, as I recall, around the two ton and a bit mark.

Ok. I know. Ye don't want to spend that much ..... So, go ahead and waste ye cash on a whole string of cheap shits and be disapointed. Time ye've got through a couple of those, ye'll start going " :hmm: " and wondering if ye shouldn't have gone for it in the first place! Too late then, of course. But we all have to live and learn ;)