DIY custom stocks

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And another         Cheers.     Bill.

Some fantastic looking stocks on here and some great talent.   Would it be possible to use one of those dremel type tools with all the various attachments to carve out a gunstock from scratch, inclu

Hiya Mark.   Thank you me dear.   Yes it was a good job I had some to spare mate   Well I managed to get to the Range, and have a pop. She felt realy nice to hold and shoot, and it was good to

Posted Images

Ayeup Darth Wurz.

Its the remembering that I have trouble with buddy, for instance I was talking to.......erm.....aww you know......wos 'is name :laugh:

So dark one,.... do you fancy getting a plank and having a go :D

Bill.

not me bill, i can draw but the only wood i work on is :whistling: well, you know...

although i keep thinkin das kraut'd be ace if i could skeletonise the thumbhole...didnt mean to ignore ya bill, just been mentally busy oflate and havent had a chance to park up on here for a while!

cheers matey

wurz

Edited by gurtwurz

post-41269-010152700 1284987081_thumb.jpg

Her first day out :thumbs:

post-41269-045167300 1284987126_thumb.jpg

Just need to christen her now with a bunny or two :laugh::thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

bill that looks amazing mate, top work buddy, really nice mate

spa for the commitment to perfection

all the best, wurz

Ayeup Darth Wurz.

Its the remembering that I have trouble with buddy, for instance I was talking to.......erm.....aww you know......wos 'is name :laugh:

So dark one,.... do you fancy getting a plank and having a go :D

Bill.

not me bill, i can draw but the only wood i work on is :whistling: well, you know...

although i keep thinkin das kraut'd be ace if i could skeletonise the thumbhole...didnt mean to ignore ya bill, just been mentally busy oflate and havent had a chance to park up on here for a while!

cheers matey

wurz

Hiya Buddy.

Nice to see you about again :thumbs:

I hope the courses are going well for you.

Also hope you get chance for a shoot mate :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

post-41269-010152700 1284987081_thumb.jpg

Her first day out :thumbs:

post-41269-045167300 1284987126_thumb.jpg

Just need to christen her now with a bunny or two :laugh::thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

bill that looks amazing mate, top work buddy, really nice mate

spa for the commitment to perfection

all the best, wurz

Hi wurz.

Glad you like her, and thanks for your kind comments and SP.

ATB.

Bill.

Hey Bill :gunsmilie:

I've read this thread with interest but have to admit that when you put up the Concept drawings I really wasn't too keen on the looks :no: especially the lip at the front of the forend.

Now I've seen the finished product, my mind has been changed, you have done a fantastic job Bill :yes:

Very well done indeed. Its also good to see a carpenter that still uses a SpokeShave :notworthy: most people these days wouldn't have a clue.

Regarding the other stock :thumbs: I'll be putting up a post over the weekend me thinks :thumbs:

Again brilliantly done Sir :notworthy:

Phantom

Hiya Tony.

Thanks very much indeed mate, and Im pleased you like her buddy :thumbs:

That's quite a complement calling me a Carpenter, Im most definatly not mate :laugh:

I understand what you meant about the lip at the forestock, I wasnt sure either, but it kind of grew on me.

Might have a go at knocking out another one, because I thougherly enjoyed doing it.

ATB.

Bill.

• 2 months later...

Hi there.

Not exactly a custom stock, but rather a small alteration to improve the hold and feel of the rifle.

The Bikini forstock on the AA s200 is very shallow, and offerd me little support in standing, kneeling, and sitting positions.

So I have now added a hampster type addition to it.

The addition is tapered to fit the stock, and nice and broad at the bottom, with rounded edges to sit comfortably in the hand when shooting.

This has made the s200 so much more comfortable in the hand ( for me anyway )

Next step may be to strip all the wood and stain it black, using a matt varnish to finnish the makeover.

Here is the addition......no pretty I know :laugh: , but sevicable, and very comfortable.

post-41269-0-15547500-1291217272_thumb.jpg

Will post more pic's when I get around to the staining.

ATB.

Bill.

Me again.

Having a nice rifle and scope is one thing, getting it to fit you, and feel nice is also important, and can turn a nice rifle into comfortable one to shoot.

Adjusting the fit of a rifle will make it more of a pleasure to shoot, and hopfully improve your consistancy from shot to shot, and improve accuracy.

Here is my BSA Ultra Butt, again only a small mod, but it has made a huge difference to the feel of the rifle in the shoulder.

I have added a Bisley adjustable Butt Pad, very easy to do, and worth the effort.

You can remove your existing butt pad by looking at the padd and finding the two small holes, insert a cross head screwdriver into the holes and take out the two screws.

Once you have the padd off the butt, you can seperate the rubber from the spacer using a sharp knife ( carfully :laugh: ), keep the spacer.

Take the Bisley Butt Pad appart by undoing the screw.

Place the plate on the rifle butt and srew it on using the top hole of the plate and butt.

Centre the plate to the butt, and then draw around it with a pencil, take it off again, and file to fit the butt, not hard to do as its aluminium.

Once it fits nicely, you will have to drill a new hole and countersink to enable the bottom fixing.

Now screw the spacer and plate back on, add the adjustable rubber pad, and the jobs a good un. :thumbs:

Here it is.

post-41269-0-54993700-1291218648_thumb.jpg

Its good to tinker :laugh:

ATB.

Bill.

Hi there.

Not exactly a custom stock, but rather a small alteration to improve the hold and feel of the rifle.

The Bikini forstock on the AA s200 is very shallow, and offerd me little support in standing, kneeling, and sitting positions.

The addition is tapered to fit the stock, and nice and broad at the bottom, with rounded edges to sit comfortably in the hand when shooting.

Next step may be to strip all the wood and stain it black, using a matt varnish to finnish the makeover.

Here is the addition......no pretty I know :laugh: , but sevicable, and very comfortable.

ATB.

Bill.

Have I missed something mate? What happened to the custom stock you made for your S200?

Kyle

Hi there.

ATB.

Bill.

Have I missed something mate? What happened to the custom stock you made for your S200?

Kyle

Hiya Kyle.

No.....you havnt missed anything mate.

Still have my custom stock :thumbs: .

Just suits me to shoot light rifles at the momment buddy.

A case of adapt and overcome.

ATB.

Bill.

• IanB unpinned this topic