Carbine & standard

Guest alfie

alfie it is like this mate a carbine has a shorter barrel so the pellet is not as accurate at long range but to be fair with an air rifle your not shooting at that much of a range maybe 30 yrds

i could see you might, but only might notice a difference with a FAC air rifle at long range i shoot a falcon raptor 8 shot at 36ftlbs and it is well accurate out way past 60yrds but it has a full length barrel about 19" my mate has an falcon fn 12 again high power but not quite as accurate still within 2" at 60 yrds

as for less shots this only applies to guns with the air chamber under the barrel not a bottle this because they are shorter on a carbine than on a full length gun so hold less air

i will get about 50 good shots with my FAC falcon

my mate can get 12 shots with his

hope this helps

merle :D

Well alfie, i have been shooting for quite a long time now. I prefer a carbine as it is a little bit shorter and i just like the look of the gun. There is no other difference and you wil get the same amount of shots . I have a "standard" 80 here at the mo, but i am going to have to get the barrel shortened as i just dont like it, the gun feels too long...hope this has been of some help....

Well like it or not it's xmas soon and I think that I am going to treat myself to an air rifle, (mainly for rabbits, squirels and such like). Still undecided what to go for, I only want to buy once, and not to upgrade in a few months time. any recommendations ?

Well like it or not it's xmas soon and I think that I am going to treat myself to an air rifle, (mainly for rabbits, squirels and such like). Still undecided what to go for, I only want to buy once, and not to upgrade in a few months time. any recommendations ?

How much are you looking to spend, Alfie? Are you after new or 2nd hand?

How much are you looking to spend, Alfie? Are you after new or 2nd hand?

As long as the gun has been well looked after, I don't mind second hand, probably get more gun for you'r money :D Looking around the various post's on the web Air Arms seem a popular choice with many pest controlers. £300 to £350 is the price range I am thinking about, but hope to get a suitable scope with that sort of money

Edited by ChrisJones
As long as the gun has been well looked after, I don't mind second hand, probably get more gun for you'r money :D Looking around the various post's on the web Air Arms seem a popular choice with many pest controlers. £300 to £350 is the price range I am thinking about, but hope to get a suitable scope with that sort of money

You should be able to sort something nice out for that kinda money. If you want a precharged rifle make sure you budget something for charging equipment otherwise you'll be back and forward to the shop. Cheapest starts at £100 new. If you like the Air Arms range have a look at the S200 and 400 series. Excellent rifles and plenty about. There are alot of S300 series guns about and while they're great to work with spares are getting harder to come by.

S200's are the cheapest precharged on the market and are a worthy addition to the pest controller's armoury.

If you fancy a spring gun £350 will get you a brand new market leading Air Arms TX200 with scope, mounts, pellets and a gun bag. Upto you though...