can anyone help

hi guys,

it`s just about time to start training my harris hawk for the new season. after being to a few fairs over the past couple of months one thing i`d like to get is one of these wee machines that pull the lure that the dogs and birds chase.

does anyone have one of these for sale or can anyone point me in the direction of how to make one, remembering that i`m not that mechanicly minded.

thanks guys for any help

noddy

aberdeen

Edited by noddy6560

It hard to tell you how to make one!!

I am going to make one myself as am a welder/fab but its on the back burner since the pup ripped her self on barb wire on Friday so she need a min of 4 weeks off!!

All i can say is every one i have seen is home made!

What you could do is find a local welder ( Should not be to hard where you live) Show him what you want or tell him what you want!!

You've got to ask your self will i have power at the place i will be using it?? if you have you just need a cheep motor ether a 2 pole=3000rpm or 4 pole=1500rpm then i think a 1/2-3/4 HP motor should do it! and box frame to mount it in and a large pulley to take the length of rope you could fix a longer shaft to the motor and a Bering at the other end of the shaft fitted to the frame then get some one to weld to disks to the shaft so the rope will stay in that gap!

motor---]---[--<shaft Then the rope raps round between the two disks

Something like that!! Or you can keep the it like that but get an old lawnmower engine and use that if you dont have power to drive the the 240v motor!!