digging bars

Guest AngelicAcid

any info, pics size and spec on what you all use. :thumbs:

young angle take your self along to any farming supplie's

ask for bar's they should have afew either point on

one end and inch chisel on the other or just a chisle on

one end and a flat cap on other, price 15 to 25 :thumbs:

Guest AngelicAcid

Cheers lads, just trying to find out what different types are now been used.

Anyone ever heard of the scaffy type bars with a spring mechanism and blade on one end?

theres bound to be a few who have a fair idea of the things i am on about. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Anyone ever heard of the scaffy type bars with a spring mechanism and blade on one end?

theres bound to be a few who have a fair idea of the things i am on about. :thumbs: :thumbs:

a spring? that wouldnt help digging in a anyway as it would take all the energy out of the bar.

Are you sure you dont mean a bar with a section of leaf spring welded on to the business end :hmm:

You are possibly talking about a leaf spring. A flat section onto the end of a scaffold bar, very handy for keeping the sides of a dig vertical, also for the floor when the going is very hard. I will get a photo of some of the tools we use.

Guest busterdog

The best bar i've ever had was an old twenty foot long quarry chisel cut down to size, i can't put up a picture as i made the mistake of giving most away and leaving the last one at a hunt kennels where it whent missing. The bar has a hole right through the middle to let water through ( to cool the bar whilst quarring ) the hole alowed the sound of the terrier up through the bar with ease.

If anyone can get hold of these bars give me a shout, i had the same bar for more than ten years and it was indestructible.