Seeing the pound sighns then regretting it!!

just seen a chap i havent seen for about a year whilst out walking the dog, i used to see him with his lovely sulukixgrey bitch on a near daily basis out keeping her fit and walking but it all stopped about a year ago and i now know why!!

he took a few lads out with him and they watched her work and one of them was so impressed he offerd to buy the dog on the spot for £500, this chap i know laughed at him and told him this bitch isnt for sale and that was that for about a week.

then this man turns up at his house with £1000 pounds and says is she still not for sale and at the sight of the money and with a few bills to pay he reluctantly let the bitch go!!

hes now got another pup salukixgrey again after a few failed attempts with some older dogs and is hoping for what he had before from this pup(starting from scratch again) but is totally regretting selling his good bitch to this bloke infact he wouldnt stop going on about stories of his trips out with the old bitch so much in fact i got booored of listning to him!!

i told him theres no point crying about it now the man brought a good dog in good faith and is lovving every minute of it and theres you walking round with a face like a smacked arse because you took yourself out of the game through the lure of a bit of cash!!

just thought id share the story with you all as im sure most of you will know people who have made big mistakes on spur of the moment with dogs and the like!! :thumbs:

Every dog has a price no matter how much you think of your dog the right money will buy it.

Speak for yourself. My dogs are not for sale. Money never comes into it. The way i look at it is a dog should remain value-less for you simply cannot put a price on a man's best friend. :victory:

Guest Buttermilk

Every dog has a price no matter how much you think of your dog the right money will buy it.

Speak for yourself. My dogs are not for sale. Money never comes into it. The way i look at it is a dog should remain value-less for you simply cannot put a price on a man's best friend. :victory:

Ditto.

THE WIFE .......THATS A DIFFERENT MATTER :toast: I wouldnt sell my dogs no matter what.In the recent past Ive had real lean times but to sell a dog never entered my head nor would it,If they dont make it in the game I pts but never sell.

listen desperate times call for desperate measures simple dont no bout some of you's on here but money troubles happen so ur gonna get kicked out of your house cos u owe money [bANNED TEXT] offers you cash for the dog what do you say no am gonna keep it take it busking with you i dont like to sell a dog but come on dogs come and go simple!!! But if you sell it you cant winge bout it you got the grand they got the dog

Everyone has their own opinions on this site.. but thats the biggest load of bullshIt ive heard in a long time. As stated before.. my dogs dont have a so called "price" either. And as for money worries (not the dogs fault) so why sell the dog... plenty other solutions.
  • Like 1

An old pal of mine keeps English Mastiffs, they are like kids to him and his wife.

Many years ago a south african breeder offered him £10k for his dog that he had at the time......wrote the cheque there and then and put it on the kitchen table in front of him.

"Why would I want to sell my dog?" was my pals reply to this chap and off he went, back to south africa empty handed.

I suppose the same people who think like this would think the same about there wife,mother or kids.

make me an offer;- 1 husband, housetrained, can cook can clean can use washing machine + iron. has full driving licence. small type but wirey. stockbroken.