Changed my tumbling media tonight

When I bought my tumbler it came with a bag of walnut media that I have been using since. When I got it I dumped a couple of teaspoons of jeweller's rouge into it, after reading about it on another forum, and regretted it straight away. All the brass was covered in a red powder that had to be polished off by hand. Anyway I finally got round to getting some Pro-Rep lizard vivarium substrate which has transformed my tumbling to a low labour process. Brilliant. 5kg of ground walnut grit for £16 and it'll last me for well over a year. :victory:

When I bought my tumbler it came with a bag of walnut media that I have been using since. When I got it I dumped a couple of teaspoons of jeweller's rouge into it, after reading about it on another forum, and regretted it straight away. All the brass was covered in a red powder that had to be polished off by hand. Anyway I finally got round to getting some Pro-Rep lizard vivarium substrate which has transformed my tumbling to a low labour process. Brilliant. 5kg of ground walnut grit for £16 and it'll last me for well over a year. :victory:

Must confess, although owning both a tumbler and an ultrasonic cleaner I came to the conclusion long time ago that shiney cases don't shoot more accurately. I just take a dab of Brasso to the neck to remove powder residue.

To me its a bit like suggesting your clean car will go faster than when its dusty. Now if you want to talk about whether a clean barrel makes a difference..............

Must confess, although owning both a tumbler and an ultrasonic cleaner I came to the conclusion long time ago that shiney cases don't shoot more accurately. I just take a dab of Brasso to the neck to remove powder residue.

To me its a bit like suggesting your clean car will go faster than when its dusty. Now if you want to talk about whether a clean barrel makes a difference..............

Hi clean cases arent just about how good they shoot they are easyer on your dies when sizing & will work better out of the magazine /floorplate of the rifle when chambering a round.

Hi clean cases arent just about how good they shoot they are easyer on your dies when sizing & will work better out of the magazine /floorplate of the rifle when chambering a round.

Perhaps - just perhaps if you have a custom chamber or hand made dies. As for magazine/floorplate, i doubt if anyone could tell the difference with their eyes closed whether it is shiny or dull.