illegal pike

an article i found in the anglo celt recently

Illegal fishing

Two Polish nationals who were caught fishing illegally on Lough Oughter were each fined €50 and ordered to pay €428 costs when they pleaded guilty at Cavan District Court.

Maciej Maciejewski and Marcin Wzzesinski both of 30 Castlerosse View, Baldoyle, Dublin 13, were summoned that on April 18 at Lough Oughter, Killykeen, they caught two pike, which exceeded the permitted length.

Jacqueline Maloney, solicitor prosecuting, said that fisheries officer Jimmy Reilly received a report that illegal fishing was taking place in Killykeen. He observed two people at the footbridge in Killykeen fishing. When he checked their bag they had two pike.

One of them was 66cm and the second 76cm and both exceeded the permitted length of 50cm. Both men were very co-operative. They said that the law in Poland was different and they thought they could keep fish that exceeded 50cm.

niall_b73

• 2 weeks later...

Illegal fishing

Two Polish nationals who were caught fishing illegally on Lough Oughter were each fined €50 and ordered to pay €428 costs when they pleaded guilty at Cavan District Court.

Maciej Maciejewski and Marcin Wzzesinski both of 30 Castlerosse View, Baldoyle, Dublin 13, were summoned that on April 18 at Lough Oughter, Killykeen, they caught two pike, which exceeded the permitted length.

Jacqueline Maloney, solicitor prosecuting, said that fisheries officer Jimmy Reilly received a report that illegal fishing was taking place in Killykeen. He observed two people at the footbridge in Killykeen fishing. When he checked their bag they had two pike.

One of them was 66cm and the second 76cm and both exceeded the permitted length of 50cm. Both men were very co-operative. They said that the law in Poland was different and they thought they could keep fish that exceeded 50cm.

niall_b73

Killykeen was a great lake for Pike some years ago but has been plundered by these people who have no regard for pike conservation.I caught my first double on this lake thirty years ago.

In my opinion any lakes in the Cavan area that have easy access like this lake are not worth fishing because the stocks have been depleted by mindless idiots who have no regard at all for the balance of nature.

The only lakes I fish in the area now are the ones with either floating banks (these people have no proper waders) or lakes that are very difficult to access.

Thankfully the fisheries board is taking action.

Illegal fishing

niall_b73

Killykeen was a great lake for Pike some years ago but has been plundered by these people who have no regard for pike conservation.I caught my first double on this lake thirty years ago.

In my opinion any lakes in the Cavan area that have easy access like this lake are not worth fishing because the stocks have been depleted by mindless idiots who have no regard at all for the balance of nature.

The only lakes I fish in the area now are the ones with either floating banks (these people have no proper waders) or lakes that are very difficult to access.

Thankfully the fisheries board is taking action.

Killykeen forest park is about 2 mile from me.

I shoot them waters from september to january.

I never took them waters serious for fishing.

Alot of english fish it for bream