Its very bad news touch wood nobody i know has come into contact with it yet.I just hope those that have the misfortune of comeing into contact with this horrible disease to stay away from shows and other events were lots of dogs are present.

Guest chook

I have always vaccinated pups at 7, 10, 13 and 16 weeks, and again every year. I heard a statistic one time that in reality, one, possibly two jabs should do it, but there is such a high failure rate with vaccines for a number of reasons that the veterinarians recommend the 4 jabs just to make sure. I don't know if that is really true, but it is what I heard. For the $2 per jab, it is money well spent IMO.

Over hear its 8weeks then 10weeks, only two jabs - then every year,

why is it over there you jab 4 times?

But then again manafatures are now stating, every 3 years is sufice for jabing insted of every year,

i have to admit im one of the anti - jab bregade(sp) i honistly dont think that they do need it every year,

and yes i have lost a couple of dogs to parvo over 14 years ago, out of 8 dogs + a litter of new born pups, only 3 came down with it and we lost 2, and i have also seen the reactions that can happen with vaccines and other drugs we put in to our dogs even the loss of a pups life.

the studies about vaccination failures have been huge, and the 4 protocol is what I've followed for 20 years, and never had a case of Parvo other than the 2 rescues, so my ratio of 100% effectiveness is pretty powerful convincing IMO

I was told that corona virus has been in the Uk with at least ten years ,its symptoms i believe are very similar to pavro ,im not saying this could be corona but i for one vaccinate against it .

we use Nobivac vaccines, they seem to work for us and we live in a parvo hotspot. the one time we used a differant brand of vaccine (EURICAN) and the dogs caught parvo @ 8 months old. i asked the vet to run some tests for me and he came to the conclusion that, the dogs caught corona-virus and this opened them up to parvo, luckly enough the dogs made it through and it hasnt had any lasting effect on them. all the older dogs and my 17week old lurcher never caught it, they were vaccinated with nobivac. Now when theres a outbreak if i have dogs under a year old i give them a booster of nobivac parvo-c and so far this has stopped them from catching it.

sorry to all the people who have lost dogs to this horrible virus.

• Like 1