New Game dog book

Guest AngelicAcid

digging books,lurcher books..an airgun book and now this..thiers no end to this mans countryside talent,the modern day brain plummber :icon_redface:

I only published it. Nothing else. I have made it abundantly clear i dont know anything about these types of working dogs.

If you don't like the books then please don't buy them. :victory:

Good Hunting..JD :victory:

im not saying i dont like the books..i have only seen the four terrier books which i have here..they are good books,dont be so defensive darcy :thumbs:

don't be so defensive that's a laugh a person has to be defensive on the internet you never know who's out there :blink:

some people crack me up..do you think being defensive is putting up a phone number to sell dogs? :wankerzo4:

i've never put my phone number up to sell dogs :clapping: :protest: :nono: :wankerzo4:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunner your probably right. 10 years ago there probably wasn't 100 working type wheatens left and less staffs (I talk of Ireland) but they were in the hands of proper dog men and were in no danger of dieing out.

Nowadays there are any amount of wheatens and staffs of Irish lines. But there were probably better strong dogs 10 years ago.

I haven't seen the book yet but I personally know a few of the names behind it and the truth will be told from experience and fact. Also these men have no profit to be made from telling it like it was about these dogs.

Also these dogs deserve their place in working dog history.

As for a band wagon to jump on??? I think the band wagon started about 8 or 9 years ago.

right there Neil.Its a pity that the working of these dogs is consigned to history due to stupid laws etc.I wouldnt know anything about the early origins of the wheaten ,Glen ,kerry blue etc . but id imagine it took hundreds of years to get them to where they were in the 60s ,70s etc.Would you think the working wheaten of today is a shadow of what it was? (not a loaded question) .Its going back to when i was a child the last time i saw a proper wheaten(i.e not a small old english sheepdog type show dog).

.Would you think the working wheaten of today is a shadow of what it was? (not a loaded question) .Its going back to when i was a child the last time i saw a proper wheaten(i.e not a small old english sheepdog type show dog).

I believe from the right yard the wheaten of today is as good as and in some case better than yesteryear ,Thats my honest opinion ,no doubt the experts will know different .

digging books,lurcher books..an airgun book and now this..thiers no end to this mans countryside talent,the modern day brain plummber :icon_redface:

I only published it. Nothing else. I have made it abundantly clear i dont know anything about these types of working dogs.

im not saying i dont like the books..i have only seen the four terrier books which i have here..they are good books,dont be so defensive darcy :thumbs:

:victory:

No probs, You have to be defensive!!lol

I know the books are far from perfect, but i hope to improve them shortly now that i know what direction i need to go in. I have tried a few experiments with the books in the past few years and digested all feedback, both good and bad. Hopefully they will see a marked improvement.

Good Hunting JD

i really like dig deep and little dogs with big hearts,i often think it would be interesting for someone to do a modern version of the book..fell terrier,an up to date and in depth book on blood lines, men and terrain..the nearest thing to that i have seen would be the broadhurst book..terriers and terriermen

No offence to anyone but I expected a lot more from "Terriers and terriermen" and was by and large dissapointed.It lacked a lot of filling and true content and I felt the author didnt make a good enough effort to ensure this.

Gunner your probably right. 10 years ago there probably wasn't 100 working type wheatens left and less staffs (I talk of Ireland) but they were in the hands of proper dog men and were in no danger of dieing out.

Nowadays there are any amount of wheatens and staffs of Irish lines. But there were probably better strong dogs 10 years ago.

I haven't seen the book yet but I personally know a few of the names behind it and the truth will be told from experience and fact. Also these men have no profit to be made from telling it like it was about these dogs.

Also these dogs deserve their place in working dog history.

As for a band wagon to jump on??? I think the band wagon started about 8 or 9 years ago.

right there Neil.Its a pity that the working of these dogs is consigned to history due to stupid laws etc.I wouldnt know anything about the early origins of the wheaten ,Glen ,kerry blue etc . but id imagine it took hundreds of years to get them to where they were in the 60s ,70s etc.Would you think the working wheaten of today is a shadow of what it was? (not a loaded question) .Its going back to when i was a child the last time i saw a proper wheaten(i.e not a small old english sheepdog type show dog).

IMO there are a few wheatens today that would be good enough to have held their own in the 70s and early 80s but personally I think the vast majority of todays wheatens would have been considered culls in those days. This is due to the few men who churned them out for money.

There are however a few lads left who keep and work them right and don't see ££££££s and in their hands the strong dog is safe.

But I could be wrong as I haven't been around strong dogs in 3 or 4 years.

• 2 weeks later...

got mine yestarday, very happy with it, :thumbs: theres not a great deal of articals in it but i don't think thats what its about, its a great bit of history that has finaly being put together, i know the man who put it together and some of the men who contibuted, and all are genuine dog men :thumbs:

Guest dee mac

got my copy and im glad i ordered it some cracking photo s and some interesting pedigree s some dogs bred very close indeed ;) would off been nice too have a few more actricle s but some of the pic s tell a thousand tales on there own really enjoyed the wheaten pics ;)

I know the books are far from perfect, but i hope to improve them shortly now that i know what direction i need to go in. I have tried a few experiments with the books in the past few years and digested all feedback, both good and bad. Hopefully they will see a marked improvement.

Good Hunting JD

i really like dig deep and little dogs with big hearts,i often think it would be interesting for someone to do a modern version of the book..fell terrier,an up to date and in depth book on blood lines, men and terrain..the nearest thing to that i have seen would be the broadhurst book..terriers and terriermen

No offence to anyone but I expected a lot more from "Terriers and terriermen" and was by and large dissapointed.It lacked a lot of filling and true content and I felt the author didnt make a good enough effort to ensure this.

:thumbs:

Guest dee mac

Good Hunting JD

why you talking about terriers and terriermen when this post is about the dead game book?

Good Hunting JD

why you talking about terriers and terriermen when this post is about the dead game book?

Lighten up Dee,dont let it bother you.