NUTTALL THE DIVIDING LINE??

Guest AngelicAcid

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brian has gotten old now so can't dig himself anymore,its a shame to hear him talked about in this way,some year's back when he was struggling to get out regular and work his dogs, my mate and I would

Right AA this is my take on it. Back in 1988 Brian Nuttall gave a talk night in the Dog & Partridge pub, in Pemberton, Wigan, for the old Wigan Dog Club of which I was the Chairman. As always Bria

Your dead right Misty, this thred is about THE DIVIDING LINE but i'm no expert, this is my take on it.   I don't belive there is any such thing as 'old Nuttall', new Nuttall YES! Bold statement, wel

So what lines are respected the most these days then?

the man i got my patterdale from, many others who know him and hunt with him share the same respect for him and his bloodline as i do.

Edited by CarraghsGem

So what lines are respected the most these days then?

the man i got my patterdale from, many others who know him and hunt with him share the same respect for him and his bloodline as i do.

As it should be :thumbs:

i think there should be a tight community between british patterdale breeders,i even see some chav with one on some programme the other day.theres a couple on animal behaviour programmes like "its me or the dog" and "the Dog Whisperer"

The breed will soon be out of hand and fecked up like the staff now is.

was up in nuttals twenty five odd years ago way before miner.micky was his main stud at the time.the dog was a midget,so was most of the rest.alright for the yanks digging poxy guienea pigs,but no use for serious earthwork.seen many come down from there as a good mate of mine uses a phrase to describe dogs,they were not worth a cup of cold piss.also fetched a red bitch down for a well known terrier lad,as a pup she was handsome,smooth bully type of bitch.seen the bitch at eight months in the lads kennel was exactly like a pure border with a docked tail.the pedigres he writes are not worth the paper they are written on half the time.buys in and sells adults and pups.only seen two decent types frm there black dog called rastus which he said was his breeding but was found out to be from goulds old blind nigger,and a dog called barney which the same lad who had the border type off him bought.but barney looked nothing like the dogs he had or were produceing at the time.this dog featured in many of ns lines so a few on here will know who i am talking about.he breeds so many litters there must be some that make the grade law of averages.who the f**k has ten to twenty good bitches worth breding off?there can not be that many in the country let alone in one mans yard.so all these puppy peddlers with litters most of the tim are full of shit.the black dogs are being ruined buy big name bullshiters young and old

Guest busterdog

A friend of mine, the same chap that said he had the 1/8 border sold Barney to his knew owner. He also owned the parents of Dennis another dog way back in NS blood, both full Nuttall dogs. He also says that the dogs they were doing there digging to with Brian were mainly rough coated big dogs with some having white feet and as he says collie markings. There were some that were the classic small stamp we now associate with Brians stuff but by no means were they all like that.

Edited to say ffs just look at Smithy, he was a right lump of a rough coated dog and all Nuttall blood.

Edited to say ffs just look at Smithy, he was a right lump of a rough coated dog and all Nuttall blood.

That will open a can of worms !!!

i heard on an another site that smithy was half lakeland? is that true or just another rumour?

Guest Buttermilk

Brian has gotten old now so can't dig himself anymore,its a shame to hear him talked about in this way,some year's back when he was struggling to get out regular and work his dogs, my mate and I would run a few on for him,he'd give us a dog about 9mths- 1yr old for us to start,once they were staying and dug to we would exchange them for another,never had a bad one or one that wouldn't go,if anything they could be too hard for the work we were doing,he was doing a lot in america at the time and getting good money for them,like all big names he runs a few lines and the proper good stuff only went to close friends and known people,if you could get 4 or 5 times the amount for a pup by selling in america then you would,thats human nature,I've never known the man to be anything other than a gentleman and good company to boot,took his share on the shovel at 70 odd years of age and you can't say there's many would do that,I have'nt seen or spoke to him for a good few year's now and as regards his terrier's now all I can say is if you don't test your dogs regular then you will not know their capabilities or limits,we all get old,he has had a lifetime of dog's and I for 1 hope I'm still getting out and about at his age,I would suspect he will still have the proper blood somewhere,its just not available to all and sundry,YIS,wirralman

.....very eloquently put. And my sentiments exactly.

That will open a can of worms !!!

i heard on an another site that smithy was half lakeland? is that true or just another rumour?

Yes smithy was half lakeland tells you in a old terrier year book

will think of the fella that owend the sire