NUTTALL THE DIVIDING LINE??

Guest AngelicAcid

Guest AngelicAcid

Just thinking about the other Miner thread.

What was the thing with Miner been the dividing line of old nuttall and new nuttall?

Heard some wont keep anything with Miner in. Or the so called new Nuttall stuff.

Not just a few times either.

Was there more than 1 miner as well?

This has always been a touchy subject and would be good to keep the thread GOOD and HONEST.

Also any pics of the older stuff from days gone by. :victory:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brian has gotten old now so can't dig himself anymore,its a shame to hear him talked about in this way,some year's back when he was struggling to get out regular and work his dogs, my mate and I would

Right AA this is my take on it. Back in 1988 Brian Nuttall gave a talk night in the Dog & Partridge pub, in Pemberton, Wigan, for the old Wigan Dog Club of which I was the Chairman. As always Bria

Your dead right Misty, this thred is about THE DIVIDING LINE but i'm no expert, this is my take on it.   I don't belive there is any such thing as 'old Nuttall', new Nuttall YES! Bold statement, wel

Brian nuttall was on to a good thing had a good reliable line of working terriers bred from some of the best stuff about at the time and lost sight of what he had and went for the ££££££££s FACT hes churned out more pups than mcdonalds have big macs its abit hard to respect someone when they went the way he did and still the americans lap his stuff up lol

sounds a bit like what david hancock is doing now week after week in the countrymans these people breed so many pups every year theres no way they can all be bred from actual workers yeah theyl all have the blood there to make them the line they are but the likes of hancock breeds all year round now he either got bitchs what come in heat every month and can drop a litter in a week or sadly hancock is now just a name like nuttal and infact not a good worker

I followed a link attached to a members profile on here,it was an American terrier site claiming to promote pure patterdales or some such bullshit,all the dogs came from Nuttals stuff and this is what gets me,it said "these dogs contain no bull terrier" :blink:

I followed a link attached to a members profile on here,it was an American terrier site claiming to promote pure patterdales or some such bullshit,all the dogs came from Nuttals stuff and this is what gets me,it said "these dogs contain no bull terrier" :blink:

u talking about david mason's patterdales..

I cant remember the members name or the name of the site but to claim theres no bull in them is a blatent bullshit.

Brian has gotten old now so can't dig himself anymore,its a shame to hear him talked about in this way,some year's back when he was struggling to get out regular and work his dogs, my mate and I would run a few on for him,he'd give us a dog about 9mths- 1yr old for us to start,once they were staying and dug to we would exchange them for another,never had a bad one or one that wouldn't go,if anything they could be too hard for the work we were doing,he was doing a lot in america at the time and getting good money for them,like all big names he runs a few lines and the proper good stuff only went to close friends and known people,if you could get 4 or 5 times the amount for a pup by selling in america then you would,thats human nature,I've never known the man to be anything other than a gentleman and good company to boot,took his share on the shovel at 70 odd years of age and you can't say there's many would do that,I have'nt seen or spoke to him for a good few year's now and as regards his terrier's now all I can say is if you don't test your dogs regular then you will not know their capabilities or limits,we all get old,he has had a lifetime of dog's and I for 1 hope I'm still getting out and about at his age,I would suspect he will still have the proper blood somewhere,its just not available to all and sundry,YIS,wirralman

• Like 4

"if you could get 4 or 5 times the amount for a pup by selling in america then you would,thats human nature"

Wirral Countryman, the working terrier is lucky there are still folk who put working ability & sustainability of their decent lines of terrier above making a profit. Nuttall did produce good working terriers but as soon as he started breeding for the American market his reputation took a dive. It is a shame he didn't continue in the way Breay/Buck did who strived for working ability in producing the dogs in the first place. Parks dogs were descended from the same stuff but he went the opposite way to Nuttall & his reputation/dogs speak for themselves. Nuttalls were easily available aslong as you could afford to pay for one, Parks were not as easy to get hold of. I think this alone proves the point that money ruins dogs :no:

Brian has gotten old now so can't dig himself anymore,its a shame to hear him talked about in this way,some year's back when he was struggling to get out regular and work his dogs, my mate and I would run a few on for him,he'd give us a dog about 9mths- 1yr old for us to start,once they were staying and dug to we would exchange them for another,never had a bad one or one that wouldn't go,if anything they could be too hard for the work we were doing,he was doing a lot in america at the time and getting good money for them,like all big names he runs a few lines and the proper good stuff only went to close friends and known people,if you could get 4 or 5 times the amount for a pup by selling in america then you would,thats human nature,I've never known the man to be anything other than a gentleman and good company to boot,took his share on the shovel at 70 odd years of age and you can't say there's many would do that,I have'nt seen or spoke to him for a good few year's now and as regards his terrier's now all I can say is if you don't test your dogs regular then you will not know their capabilities or limits,we all get old,he has had a lifetime of dog's and I for 1 hope I'm still getting out and about at his age,I would suspect he will still have the proper blood somewhere,its just not available to all and sundry,YIS,wirralman

well said mate, it seems to me anybody who has a name for themselfs will get ridiculed on this site, i dont personaly use todays nuttal stuff in my fells but a few generations back i used my fell dog over a half bred nuttal bitch and kept a pup they have no resemblance to the nuttals of today. the dogs out of this all worked hard, bred some of my best dogs out of this line.

• Like 1
Guest busterdog

the thing that gets me is that if nuttals terriers are not up to scratch then why do so many hunt kennels loan dogs from him ???

Because they usually employ terriermen that haven't got a clue and who will work twelve hours a day for a pat on the back. Terrier work is generally the last thing they are thinking of. I took a job on last year and they had borrowed two of Brian and they were shit, given a choice i would of saved them the deisel and dealt with them properly.

Edited by busterdog

"if you could get 4 or 5 times the amount for a pup by selling in america then you would,thats human nature"

Wirral Countryman, the working terrier is lucky there are still folk who put working ability & sustainability of their decent lines of terrier above making a profit. Nuttall did produce good working terriers but as soon as he started breeding for the American market his reputation took a dive. It is a shame he didn't continue in the way Breay/Buck did who strived for working ability in producing the dogs in the first place. Parks dogs were descended from the same stuff but he went the opposite way to Nuttall & his reputation/dogs speak for themselves. Nuttalls were easily available aslong as you could afford to pay for one, Parks were not as easy to get hold of. I think this alone proves the point that money ruins dogs :no:

:thumbs: And THAT is the dividing line!

the thing that gets me is that if nuttals terriers are not up to scratch then why do so many hunt kennels loan dogs from him ???

Because they usually employ terriermen that haven't got a clue and who will work twelve hours a day for a pat on the back. Terrier work is generally the last thing they are thinking of. I took a job on last year and they had borrowed to of Brian and they were shit, given a choice i would of saved them the deisel and dealt with them properly.

Under the impression you did terrierwork for a hunt? :thumbs:
Guest busterdog

Because they usually employ terriermen that haven't got a clue and who will work twelve hours a day for a pat on the back. Terrier work is generally the last thing they are thinking of. I took a job on last year and they had borrowed to of Brian and they were shit, given a choice i would of saved them the deisel and dealt with them properly.

Under the impression you did terrierwork for a hunt? :thumbs:

Thats how i know lol.....;)