question for the vehicle lampers

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I was always a walker but I had the pleasure of joining some genuine lads off this site for a few nights out and have to say its an excellent way to do things, and the only way if you want to get

nothing against you mate, but thats some usfull information to the police or who ever else is on this site.

from what ive seen mate you find a rabbit/hare/deer or fox,shine it up and run it round with the motor till its fecked then chuck out all the dogs and drive after them whilst still shining the prey.

you cant be for real...so what you do is drive a big diesal motor over the fields scaring of al the rabbits and what ever game and then come on here biggin up that type of hunting,come on you lot get with it

what do you think landowners and famers do?

deer get quite used to a deisel or a tractor around.

try spotlighting in a series landy thats got a tweeked v8 out of a old rover sd1 and done 8 to the gallon.

them were the days :thumbs:

bloody hell tomo not only are you a lazy git you run em doubled up..ps you need a few full cooked down you

after driving to my pemision, i get in the first field and let both dogs out for a stretch and empty, for a half mile or so, thats when the pic was took, :thumbs:

its very rare for me to double up, but i will do it somtimes.

dont know what you mean "A FEW FULL COOKED DOWN YOU" :blink: If your on about the slim young fella out the sun roof, thats my mates young lad, tell you what i wished i had his energy :D

lamped from a motor a good few yrs ago not for me prefer to be on my feet,mate of mine had an accident when his car turned over trying to catch a pheasant of all things, i know what you mean about then young uns i get tired watching mine,

people nock driveing but it puts alot game infront your dogs,

some dogs cant handle it and cut short of hedges or run selectivly,

you need a dog with good drive to stick 5 to 7 nights a week

Well I was always a walker but I had the pleasure of joining some genuine lads off this site for a few nights out and have to say its an excellent way to do things, and the only way if you want to get right on to lots of testing game for your dogs especially in areas where they are lamp shy. The advantages of lamping from the motor are many. Its the vehicle which gets you caught 9 times out of 10. If the blue brigade get a report from farmer giles that your in his fields all they need do most times is coming looking for your parked motor then locate you via your lamp. If your in the field in your 4x4 if you spot anyone coming you can ditch the lights and move off to a more concealed spot within said field, or kill all the lights and make your way across the land to another completely different area without anyone being any the wiser. Plod meanwhile is driving around saying damn they must have made good their escape :boogie: For lamping large game its a must, who wants to carry a hefty beast on their back to a motor several miles away?

Those who say its lazy have never done a full nights shift at this game, the dogs have to be fit, cos whatever they are dropped on is running full pelt, the 4x4 and lamp does give an edge but the dog still has to put the graft in to catch its prey. The gate person has to jump in and out of the vehicle a lot to open gates, because contrary to what the press would have you beleive, not everyone who does it just drives through the fences and trashes the gates lol. At the end of a full nights lamping being bounced around all over the place in high speed pursuit, the adrenaline buzz of watching the runs etc your glad to get a bite to eat and a bit of kip before the drive home.

The only bad thing about lamping from a motor is the extra chance of the dog colliding with the vehicle in the heat of a chase this is a possibility, but then the running dog game is fraught with potential hazards.

Just my take on things :thumbs:

• Like 2

piece of piss mate...just pull up along side of a rabbit...stick the lamp on it...the dog will eventually see it then hey presto..shoot straight out the window...doesnt take them long to click...atb stabba

easy as stabba says or let it jump with another dog just watch your window your lamping out of and especialy the windscreen easy mate :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

you cant be for real...so what you do is drive a big diesal motor over the fields scaring of al the rabbits and what ever game and then come on here biggin up that type of hunting,come on you lot get with it

Doesnt it bug you, when people comment and say shit like this when they know nothing about it!! I surgest you do some reading up pal. Its gone on for years especially on bigger game..

Some real dog men use this method pal..... what do you mean "come on get with it"!!!??? Would nt it be good if rabbits ran off from cars, then their would be no road kill!! And more vermin for us.................

Some good chapters in "running dog addiction" about this way of lamping, i surgest you get it pal...