It would be interesting to hear from anyone using bows/crossbows for their hunting.

How accurate, and how do you rate it to shooting.

:good:

Its illegal to use a bow or crossbow for hunting in the UK, more's the pity :no: but its huge in the states, I've got a few American magazines with bow-hunting articles in them and it sounds terrific, especially the descriptions of taking big game, the rock singer Ted Nugent is a big-bow hunting fan. Maybe one of the american members of the forum can come up with some bow-hunting tales??????

Tom

Tom, you are quite right to say it is illegal to hutn in the UK with a bow...luckliy for me i have travelled and messed about with them....in depth......bowhunting is a sport that requires a great degree of skill and fieldcraft. It is one of the best things i have ever done in my life....and i can honestly say that shooting a bow taught me alot....when an arrow leaves a bow it doesnt shoot straight, but flexes wildly like a fishes tail.....you need to tune the bow AND each individual arrow to be able to do good shots....i could regularly hit a coke can at 20 yards....and a rabbit sized target at thrity yards...judging the range can be the hardest, but i bought a laser range finder...many years ago when they had only just become available in the states...had some great times...and one day...these should fiull a few pages in my memoirs...good hunting...JD

Many, many years ago, I used to take rabbits with a crossbow :whistle: and I used special bolts for that!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: the thing, that took a bit of getting used too, was the forward movement of the drawstring, as it was the complete opposite from the recoil of a gun

Tom

:hunter::hunter::hunter:

Done a fair bit, but my mates do a lot of it!...I only got hares and rabbits and stuff, but have friends who have killed deer, pigs and Javalina...its VERY sporting, and far better than hunting with a gun, imo...each to there own though...i had a Hoyt Cam and a half...very nice bow...towards the end, i could hit fist size groups with 15 arrows out to about 30 yards...but it was real good at about the 25 yard range...it was fun just hunting cottontail and jack rabbits.

Kye..