Pet owners?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not black and white is it and that should be f*****g obvious or your a retard. I have ferrets as 'pets', i work them very hard during the season at least 3-4 days a week. I would not keep any pet

Right, being new to ferreting and getting my kits from this years litter (from a working background) I handle them and clean them every day. Having the full intention of working them but not having worked them yet, does that make me a pet owner!? Or if i only work them during the season and give them the summer off, does that make me a pet owner only half the time...

Yes I have read books (recomended on this forum), watched dvd's (recomended and pos produced by people on this forum) and have got some invaluable advice and invites off the lads and lasses ON THIS FORUM. Maby I should of just waited, not fed my ferrets a propper diet, housed them in a unsutible little hutch, not trained them, got them fit and accustomed to being aloud the run of a court or a burrow enviroment, waited untill the season had came and went out and made all the mistakes, lost or injured my ferrets then came onto this site thinking i was a real hunter...?

I understand that this is a hunting forum, and nobody really wants to hear about Mr cuddles and how cute his yawn is, but everybody can learn something hear and I personally think it has been a good starting point for me. Maby there is too much of how cute are my kits but its that time of year.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

All the best,

Bleachtastesnice

Edited by bleachtastesnice

Right, being new to ferreting and getting my kits from this years litter (from a working background) I handle them and clean them every day. Having the full intention of working them but not having worked them yet, does that make me a pet owner!? Or if i only work them during the season and give them the summer off, does that make me a pet owner only half the time...

Yes I have read books (recomended on this forum), watched dvd's (recomended and pos produced by people on this forum) and have got some invaluable advice and invites off the lads and lasses ON THIS FORUM. Maby I should of just waited, not fed my ferrets a propper diet, housed them in a unsutible little hutch, not trained them, got them fit and accustomed to being aloud the run of a court or a burrow enviroment, waited untill the season had came and went out and made all the mistakes, lost or injured my ferrets then came onto this site thinking i was a real hunter...?

I understand that this is a hunting forum, and nobody really wants to hear about Mr cuddles and how cute his yawn is, but everybody can learn something hear and I personally think it has been a good starting point for me. Maby there is too much of how cute are my kits but its that time of year.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

All the best,

Bleachtastesnice

OK btn you have had sound advice and invites of of here :thumbs: Do you think you could of gained equally as sound advice on working them on a pet ferret forum :no:

Y.I.S Leeview

It's not black and white is it and that should be f*****g obvious or your a retard. I have ferrets as 'pets', i work them very hard during the season at least 3-4 days a week. I would not keep any pet that does not have a working use, and is from a working line/breed. My pet dogs are a running dog and terrier. I pet them, they are my pets, hey i even wrestle with the dogs on the lawn and throw balls for them. My ferrets ARE cute and cuddly and i do fuss them and play with them. All of these animals are working pets. Then there are the pet owners who try to change a breed/animal to what they want so that it makes a more suitable pet in their mind, they breed out the 'agression', breed for certain body shapes, colours or length of coat etc and they seem to think its somehow cruel to work the animals, and in fact it WOULD be cruel to try to work their pet ferret as it would have f**k all idea what to do. It doesn't matter how you think you yourself or your pets/working animals - it's how these thoughts shape the treatment of the animal as an individual and a breed that is the issue.

• Like 1

Nope not at all, think I made the right choice of coming hear :thumbs:

However, to me it seams quite black and white, there are working animals and non working animals, they are both the same animal but not the same breed and they have different requirments. Am not saying you shouldnt 'pet' a working animal but you should respect the difference. Maby I am just a retard...

All the best,

Bleachtastesnice

Edited by bleachtastesnice

Do you think you could of gained equally as sound advice on working them on a pet ferret forum :no:

Y.I.S Leeview

Some of the advice on general care and treatment of disease ON HERE is pretty dodgy.

Do you think you could of gained equally as sound advice on working them on a pet ferret forum :no:

Y.I.S Leeview

Some of the advice on general care and treatment of disease ON HERE is pretty dodgy.

Typical droid answer :tongue2: never mentioned "care and treatment of disease"

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

Typical 'Leeview' answer.

Missing the point by miles :tongue2:

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

Typical 'Leeview' answer.

Missing the point by miles :tongue2:

I asked a question directed at btn for his views :tongue2:

so go on then direct me to your point :whistling:

Y.I.S Leeview

Arguing seems to be quite common at the moment on this forum, its pants to be honest, we all hunt and I`m sure if we met each other in a cafe or something we would all get on quite well, Maybe its the excitement for September.

Edited by liftboy1

Arguing seems to be quite common at the moment on this forum, its pants to be honest, we all hunt and I`m sure if we met each other in a cafe or something we would all get on quite well, Maybe its the excitement for September.

lol dont bet your life on it mate