Pet owners?

Simple question, Do you think there are too many pet owners on this section of the forum? Dont get me wrong, I've nothing against pet ferrets, they make good pets but I cant understand why you would join a hunting forum if you dont work them?......its not like there isnt a selection of pet forums which would surely be more suitable?... There are a few on here that are valuable members, giving good advice on illnesses etc but there seems to be a influx of wishy washy 'my little lad' 'my fluffy little chap' kind of posts and to be honest it makes me want to gag... lol.

In my opinion this a working ferret forum, for people who keep working ferrets. I look foward to the " ohh but I am learning about ferreting so that I can plan on taking them out in 3 years " ......GET A BOOK.

atb,

A grumpy hob&jill lol

edit to ad, I'm just off to the terrier section to show them my lovely fluffy little yorkshire terrier boy.......i'm sure they will love him :no:

Edited by Hob&Jill

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not black and white is it and that should be f*****g obvious or your a retard. I have ferrets as 'pets', i work them very hard during the season at least 3-4 days a week. I would not keep any pet

i havent seen that many adds that arnt about hunting tbh mate and this is a former that is for people who hunt and want to learn about hunting so why read a book when you can learn off people who actualy do it and no the ins and outs of the sport

just my opinion dont mean to cause any affence

I'm not saying about people who want to learn about ferreting...just one the ones who are clearly just pet owners and always will be. Or pet owners who took them out once for abit of a novelty.

I could understand if there wasnt other pet forums...but there is loads.

who cares anyway doesnt affect me or you directly.and to be honest look on it this way if they come here for advice and tips then so be it any advice i give or anyone else on here can only be beneficial to the ferret on a whole.well thats my opinion anyway lol.tbh i dont think there that many on here actually,just paronia.same as some lads on here are accusing other lads of antis total paranoia.

Aye

So who made it your forum then. Folk come on here for info and to share knowledge and experiences.

Who cares if they have pet ferrets as long as they are properly cared for.

This sounds like another case of ,I dont do that so nobody should,.(A`la lurcher forum)

Some of these pet owners might just give you the info you`re looking for one day.

Aye

So who made it your forum then. Folk come on here for info and to share knowledge and experiences.

This sounds like another case of ,I dont do that so nobody should,.(A`la lurcher forum)

Some of these pet owners might just give you the info you`re looking for one day.

very well said mate,totally agree :thumbs:

I've got no problem with the pet owners in general, it's the ones who come on here thinking those of us who work ferrets are all stuck in the dark ages of ferret keeping and need to be enlightened by them...

Saying that, it is a hunting forum first and foremost..

Aye

:blink: Where did I say it was my forum? Look at the question on the post... I was looking for opinions...

You right they might give me some info....as I said IN THE POST I dont have a problem with the genuinely knoledgable owners who give good advice... Just the soppy fecking shite that seems to be croping up

Hob &jill - put up a post from one of the so called soppy pet owners to i see it as cant think ive seen one, yes pet owners maybe, but could be a lot of reasons they are just pet owners and on this forum ie the like fishing or shooting and just like to read about ferrets since they found one and decided to keep it.

The one - lets be honest do you really think the vet knowledge would be as good as it is if it was not for the ferret/pet owners, lets face it these pet owners like it or not have put a lot into helping vets find out more about ferrets and maybe one day when your best working jill needs the vets and he turns round and says i know what it is due to reading it up after having mrs pet owner inn with the same symtoms on her ferret.

then maybe just maybe you will be glad there pet owners out there.

Makes no difference to me whether you work them or not, as long as the ferret is getting plenty of food and excersise, and getting its cage cleaned regular. I wish some fluffy puffy woman would pander to all my whims :laugh:

I orrigonaly join here for the ferret section, but came back to learn about working dogs, as I been study dog breeds for many year.

My dog is a show type wouldn't know how to work if it would safe his life, the ferrets are all rescue one I know for shore is from working Breeding, I may work them and I may get a working dog but thats for the future, for now learning is good.

When I come onto this forum it like I change my hat to a working stockman mind from a pet cuddley frame of mind.

nothing wrong with pet owners on here as long as they respect this most animals own on here are working animals.