lurcher wanted

Hello,

I'm after a lurcher for lamping rabbits, anything considered but must be racey & not have much if any collie blood, i am easy to please, it does not have to retrieve live to hand or jump over the moon , just catch rabbits, any pups considered as well. I do not have much money but am not expecting a free dog.

Guest samstheman
Hello,

I'm after a lurcher for lamping rabbits, anything considered but must be racey & not have much if any collie blood, i am easy to please, it does not have to retrieve live to hand or jump over the moon , just catch rabbits, any pups considered as well. I do not have much money but am not expecting a free dog.

Why no collie? A little bit of collie adds brains mate. Know of a good bitch, beddy/whippet/greyhound x collie/whippet/greyhound, 6 months old. Glad to hear you don't expect it for free - you never get a good dog for nowt.....

it's personal preference, i have used running dogs of all breeds, i do not want a thinking dog, a thinking dog does not suit me, i want a dog with speed & tenacity. I know there are many good collie cross dogs out there but i prefer dogs with a majority of running dog e.g greyhound/whippet (speed) & perhaps some bull (tenacity) and saluki (endurance). It is probably my fault as a trainer but i have found dogs with collie in at some point to refuse a slip because they have over thought it usually cos quarry is on a fence line, no dog knows what quarry is going to do when pressured on a fence line but some collies think they do.

hope that answers your question.

I said i'd used them not owned them, i lost dogs when i split up from my partner & had to live in a bed sit, i have also had dogs put down for various reasons & given a dog to a pet home. i also have a pretty much useless one laid at home that i won't get rid of. god knows why i just spent the time explaining myself to you as i don't know you, it's things like this that stopped me using the forum, it's a shame people have to be clever.

has he had some in the past,i thought his add a bit strange. :no:

hasn't everyone who works dogs had a few dogs? what's strange about the add?

I cant see what the problem is, he wants a dog with out any collie in. So what if he has had dogs in the past. What has it got to do with anyone else but him? How was the add strange? Isnt personal prefference aloud? He said he is willing to take on an adult dog that isnt well trained or a pup. Whats wrong with that? At the end of the day so what if he has had lurchers in the past and for what ever reason hasnt got them anymore. For all you know he may of given up hunting years ago so got rid of his dogs and after a couple of years has decided to start up again. If you know of what he is looking for the let him know what is the point in questioning his add?

David

I cant see what the problem is, he wants a dog with out any collie in. So what if he has had dogs in the past. What has it got to do with anyone else but him? How was the add strange? Isnt personal prefference aloud? He said he is willing to take on an adult dog that isnt well trained or a pup. Whats wrong with that? At the end of the day so what if he has had lurchers in the past and for what ever reason hasnt got them anymore. For all you know he may of given up hunting years ago so got rid of his dogs and after a couple of years has decided to start up again. If you know of what he is looking for the let him know what is the point in questioning his add?

David

Thank you witton, if you work dogs regularly you will end up having more dogs than most pet homes, & if you rehome you do the best you can for no profit, i did try get in to breeding borders a bit back but didn't have the stomach for it.

Guest Taffydog
fcuk me the man only whats a dog hasn't everyone who works dogs had a few dogs come and go for various reasons :hmm: i have good luck ;)

there some people who want to help and some who critersise ,i personly dont like collie blood in my lurchers is that a crime were ment to stick together and fight the ban not each other

good luck in finding a dog chubs and if i come across 1 ill pm you mate taffydog :drink:

Chubs, when people ask me for a pup, I have a nasty habbit of reading thier posts right from the time they joined this forum to try to 'get to know' a person,

I've noticed you have had some bad luck, but why didn't you take your pup to the vets instead of shooting it yourself? surely they would have been able to do something? it was well enough to go for one last walk with you, what happened?

not trying to be nasty, just trying to understand what happened, then maybe I could help with your search.

that's all in the past for me now tina & i don't really want to talk about it , i watched three die slowly in the vets that month from parvo, he didn't walk it was a turn of phrase, i shot him cos i didn't want him to go through what the others did.

People should look at this thread & see how much i've been questioned for asking for a dog. i could understand if they actually had a dog or me but otherwise it's just noseyness.