Lets see your beddy crosses

An old photo of a beddy blooded lurcher i bred over 20 year ago. 100_0425.jpg

Hi, where do you class as Tony Capstic country? South Yorkshire?

Are you refering to my old friend Joseph Anthony 'Tony' Capstic?

Sadly no longer with us, who I worked with so many times on the

Folk Scene and on his Radio Sheffield programe.

I am a new member and after a young whippet X bedlington. Any Ideas?

Romany Juckle

Yes mate tony capstic was one funny fella another one of s.yorkshires caractures no longer with us [R.I.P. TONY CAPSTICK]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I allways wondered why you kept them rubbish dogs for 30 years Dell,if we knew what we knew now we could have bred some bull/greyhounds instead,shit i wish fence hopper could have put us right back then.

But their was plummer back then telling us in his books that bitzas were not as good as first crosses and 3 quarter bred greyhounds were better might have had something to do with his mates puppy pedling buissnes though :laugh::thumbs:

maybe you should wright a book poacher you seem to know everything about belington x's and collie x's :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:laugh: I am the same as you i know feck all just have a few more years exspierience thats all:thumbs:

maybe so lads but i'll take your word for it you seem like two guys who know everything about lurchers so i carnt argue with that :notworthy:

Dells the lurcherman FH,im just a messer compared to him.

Nobody was running beddy x's down,you might not have noticed but weve got a few,Dells beddy/collie hybrids werent 2 half x's put together,but beddy/collie figured heavily in their makeup,before saluki came onto the scene in a big way these dogs could hold their own with anything around at the time,theyre very well respected dogs in our area,if you think any beddy/grey derivative could compete with these you would be wrong mate,lamping maybe,but allround not a prayer,Dells old bitch Lady still hold the nightime records round here after 25 yrs,his current bitch holds the daytime records coincidence? i think not mate.

Instead of being blinkered and contraversial for the sake of it why not ask why Dell has his opinions,coming into the thread with sarcasm when you havent even had the x is pointless,and you might learn something?

2 bulls stood in a field,the young bull says "lets run down to that herd of cows and f**k one each,the old bull says "lets walk down and f**k all of them"

yis steve.

i know you aint running them down but you dont have to have collie blood or anything else in the mix to have a good dog, but of course i'm wrong coz if poacher sez you need collie blood he's never wrong even with all of his years of experience pmsl he aint been lucky enough to see my boy go in his day, otherwize he wouldnt be talking shit as usaul. end off from me

Nobody said "you need collie blood or anything else in the mix to have a good dog" your making shit up now?

Dell said "i prefer some collie in this x" a very different thing to what you imply.

And "talking shit as usual" is total bollocks mate,known the lad and hunted with him since well before you were born,shame the dog game doesnt have more like him.

Litter brother to Dells bitch,24"tts,

044-1.jpg

My lads whippet/beddy/grey 22" [and the old collie/grey]

031-1.jpg

steveS.yorks i remember that collie x grey of ur lads, am i right in sayin ur daz's mate? hows his young dog coming along, havent seen him around for a while?? (im glens mate if ur wondering who the feck i am lol)

Yes mate its me.The young bitch is doing well,cant really fault her,another 1 1/2" would have been nice though.

That collie x is a liability,once seen never forgotten :thumbs:

Litter brother to Dells bitch,24"tts,

044-1.jpg

My lads whippet/beddy/grey 22" [and the old collie/grey]

031-1.jpg

steveS.yorks i remember that collie x grey of ur lads, am i right in sayin ur daz's mate? hows his young dog coming along, havent seen him around for a while?? (im glens mate if ur wondering who the feck i am lol)

Yes mate its me.The young bitch is doing well,cant really fault her,another 1 1/2" would have been nice though.

That collie x is a liability,once seen never forgotten :thumbs:

what as she turned out at? you done much with her yet?, is daz on here?

3/4 whippet x 1/4 beddy bitch 21" :thumbs:

IMG_3029.jpg

CIMG0450-1.jpg

CIMG0447.jpg

what a good example of that cross she looks the bizz .i have a first xcross your bitch is exactly how i would like mine to turn out, did you breed her yourself

thanks caebonc. i got her from an women from thetford near norfolk, mother was a 21" whippet, sire was a beddy whippet 22" guess thats why shes thrown a decent size :thumbs:

Guest fence_hopper

maybe so lads but i'll take your word for it you seem like two guys who know everything about lurchers so i carnt argue with that :notworthy:

Nobody was running beddy x's down,you might not have noticed but weve got a few,Dells beddy/collie hybrids werent 2 half x's put together,but beddy/collie figured heavily in their makeup,before saluki came onto the scene in a big way these dogs could hold their own with anything around at the time,theyre very well respected dogs in our area,if you think any beddy/grey derivative could compete with these you would be wrong mate,lamping maybe,but allround not a prayer,Dells old bitch Lady still hold the nightime records round here after 25 yrs,his current bitch holds the daytime records coincidence? i think not mate.

Instead of being blinkered and contraversial for the sake of it why not ask why Dell has his opinions,coming into the thread with sarcasm when you havent even had the x is pointless,and you might learn something?

2 bulls stood in a field,the young bull says "lets run down to that herd of cows and f**k one each,the old bull says "lets walk down and f**k all of them"

yis steve.

i know you aint running them down but you dont have to have collie blood or anything else in the mix to have a good dog, but of course i'm wrong coz if poacher sez you need collie blood he's never wrong even with all of his years of experience pmsl he aint been lucky enough to see my boy go in his day, otherwize he wouldnt be talking shit as usaul. end off from me

Nobody said "you need collie blood or anything else in the mix to have a good dog" your making shit up now?

Dell said "i prefer some collie in this x" a very different thing to what you imply.

And "talking shit as usual" is total bollocks mate,known the lad and hunted with him since well before you were born,shame the dog game doesnt have more like him.

yes on this thread he's not said it but a few weeks back did :feck:

yis steve.

yes on this thread he's not said it but a few weeks back did :feck:

I said I prefer them with a bit of collie in like i do most allround lurchers.