broken toe

yea your right bender, we got told its a 70/30 chance depending on how and were its happend in the toe, but in my opion id rather waste £80 trying pinfiring rather than taking the dogs toe off then finding out that the dog realy carnt turn anymore. :notworthy:

totally agree mate :thumbs:

what do you agree with the first 4words of that above your statement lol :boogie::tongue2::thumbs: only joking mate lol edit time :blink:

Well my bitches toe has healed exactly the way it broke, it healed naturally, nature takes it course, she had no pins, nothing and has had no problems with that toe ever since but to look at the x ray you would think so.

i think if you ask your vet ,he has manipulated the jointgback into place.i have done it myself in the past.your dog does not have a broken toe,it has a badly dislocated toe :thumbs: ive seen it many times.and have learned to pop it back in .atb benny ;)

The vet did nothing, he was going to remove the toe, all he did was give me antibiotics and bone radial, i thought the toe would have been put back into place but it was left how it was, but i stand corrected it was not broken then. Just shows how good my vet was! :thumbs:

has your dog got a god almighty hard knot at that joint,its quite possible it has either went back in itself or has a solid callouse joint that has limited movement :thumbs: would have thaught the vet would have popped it back in.were you with him when the xrays were done.i cant understand even a normal vet not doing this.its only a matter of feeling the joint back into place :thumbs:

I was in the same boat & the dog needed 6 weeks of rest, no walks or exercise. Foot was splayed & bandaged & he was given metacam. Don't listen to folk telling you to get it removed, avoid if possible as removal can put extra strain on the rest of the foot & cause further problems later in life. :thumbs:

I was in the same boat & the dog needed 6 weeks of rest, no walks or exercise. Foot was splayed & bandaged & he was given metacam. Don't listen to folk telling you to get it removed, avoid if possible as removal can put extra strain on the rest of the foot & cause further problems later in life. :thumbs:

IF THE TOE IS ACTUALLY BROKE MOST OF THE TIME THE TOE NEEDS TO COME OFF.yes avoid if possible but tou cant change the inevitable :thumbdown:

yea your right bender, we got told its a 70/30 chance depending on how and were its happend in the toe, but in my opion id rather waste £80 trying pinfiring rather than taking the dogs toe off then finding out that the dog realy carnt turn anymore. :notworthy:

totally agree mate :thumbs:

what do you agree with the first 4words of that above your statement lol :boogie::tongue2::thumbs: only joking mate lol edit time :blink:

hey FANNYBAWS :laugh: youll be going to the vets to get fitted with a gastric band :laugh::angel:

Well my bitches toe has healed exactly the way it broke, it healed naturally, nature takes it course, she had no pins, nothing and has had no problems with that toe ever since but to look at the x ray you would think so.

i think if you ask your vet ,he has manipulated the jointgback into place.i have done it myself in the past.your dog does not have a broken toe,it has a badly dislocated toe :thumbs: ive seen it many times.and have learned to pop it back in .atb benny ;)

The vet did nothing, he was going to remove the toe, all he did was give me antibiotics and bone radial, i thought the toe would have been put back into place but it was left how it was, but i stand corrected it was not broken then. Just shows how good my vet was! :thumbs:

has your dog got a god almighty hard knot at that joint,its quite possible it has either went back in itself or has a solid callouse joint that has limited movement :thumbs: would have thaught the vet would have popped it back in.were you with him when the xrays were done.i cant understand even a normal vet not doing this.its only a matter of feeling the joint back into place :thumbs:

It has a solid callous. It was a local greyhound vet i took her to, was with her the whole time, held her still for the x ray to, first x ray then took her back 6 weeks later for another and you could see the callous on the last x ray. I will not be going back to that vet again anyhow as i have heard from other people how bad he is now! :thumbs:

Guest RAB.MCKAY

alright fellas i had a topic on hear airler in the year

my dog broke his in side toe at the joint on his left leg

i had many a reply wich was most helpfull.

i took the dog to gerry scullion (vet)

he put a pin in it and fused the toe in position it has taken 4 months although i didnt rush it as it was the end of the season

ive had the dog out few times and so far so good.;)

atb hope wat ever you decide works

my only advise is dont just leave it better safe than sorry