bigger game

A good collie/grey takes some beating...but if its just big game you are after then you have got the wrong x my friend...atb stabba

stabba is talking shite :whistling:

only joking

as he says a good collie x is hard to beat imo but now a days most collie xs are bred from shite collies. quads have took over from the work of proper collies in a lot of places .. so they aint tested like they used to be ...

but if you bring on your dog right and dont try to rush him there should be no reason why he wont take bigger game ..

as riohh says over here collie xs 20 years ago and even longer ..were used on everything day and night running and drawing .

good luck with your dog

Its funny, i wouldnt own another running dog with Collie in it (over here anyway) but i have seen some of the most AWESOME herding types ever over here, andi always think of you lads back home...ive seen Collie types over here that can hunt in the desert (115F) not get fed or watered all day, and still work harder than most ive seen in the UK...seen some Collie 'types' in the high praire and mountains in Nevada, and these dogs where easily 25-27" and 60+lbs....they had caught and killed fox, and even coyotes that where in leg hold traps!...they had feet like dinner plates, and most where rough as f**k around 'strange' dogs...realy good types!

A good collie/grey takes some beating...but if its just big game you are after then you have got the wrong x my friend...atb stabba

stabba is talking shite :whistling:

only joking

as he says a good collie x is hard to beat imo but now a days most collie xs are bred from shite collies. quads have took over from the work of proper collies in a lot of places .. so they aint tested like they used to be ...

but if you bring on your dog right and dont try to rush him there should be no reason why he wont take bigger game ..

as riohh says over here collie xs 20 years ago and even longer ..were used on everything day and night running and drawing .

good luck with your dog Both right, if the bigger game is( pre ban fox+deer), most collie x lurchers, or lurcher xs will do deer.But to do foxes regular , colliexs will +can. But with a thinking type dog , will close shop alot quicker than most bullxs ever would.if they get pecked a bit.What pre ban bigger game were you on about.???