got home from work today and my dog is coughing like hes got a hair ect stuck in his throat hes eating and drinking normal but seems abit quite just wondering if i should be worried and make a trip to the vets but dont want to pay stupid vet bills for no reason so thought id ask you guys opinios first

CHEERS SAMBAM

could it be kennal-cough?

it sounds like it give it benerlin in a sringe down its throt moning and night 3 to 7 day if its that it will be gone but keep a eye on it if no inprovment to the vet hope its sorted quick mate

atb

david

Kennel cough (KC) is a likely cause but there are other more serious problems, if you not sure get a vet to check if its KC then you will know it next time. KC is a virus that in a healthy dog will sort out in a week or so, bit like having the flu. Keep warm, fed and rested plus away from other dogs. Vet may offer antibiotics but question this if they diagnose KC as they do not work against viruses and unless they suspect a secondary bacterial infection then they are a waste of time and money for KC. Cough mixtures work more on the owners mind than the dogs cough but I use a simple linctus from the local pharmacy, cheap, cheerful but good as any.

Regards sandymere.

cheers for the replys lads ill try him with the cough medicine over the next few days, a lad at work said it could be distempa (sp) and could be fatal, or some kind of worm whats your veiws opinions