A serious shoal of salmon, cracking video

A short video of a massive salmon shoal in the Aberdeenshire Dee.

Taken using rebreathers so we did not disturb the fish too much.

th_shortsalmonvideo2.jpg

Diverdave

www.wader-repair.co.uk

Edited by DIVERD

Interesting vid!!

I just stay 35miles south of the Dee, What was the reasons for this vid. Did you know they were there??

It was to record what was down there for the Dee trust. we knew there were a lot there, as a good number were jumping, but the whole dive is 35 minutes long and it was like this right through the video. Many thousand fish in the pool. They were in superb condition, the white marks just above their tail are long tailed seal lice, showing how fresh they are. Also, the paralax of the camera housing lens makes them all look thinner, typically of Dee salmon they were all good solid fish.

the video was edited for a number of reasons, but one was to remove some footage of a couple of massive fish, 40 - 50lbs possibly. The poaching risk was too high to show both them and the massive numbers until the rain came and they were able to move upstream.

I took a far better video last month, showing as many fish but with a better camera, so is much clearer.

Dave

www.wader-repair.co.uk

christ i mind when that was taken!!!!!!!!!!

done it again since...bugger missed it

hows things dave been gettin a shot?

ill gie you a phone

sauer

getting lots of these dives now, that one was taken 3 years ago, there are more recent ones on my website. I took one last month that the board do not want on line until the fish move on, it makes that one look very poor, massive numbers and very clear images, taken with a different camera. it will go on in a couple of months.

getting plenty of shooting Paul, plenty of deer about. Cant wait until the glorious 12th and then the stags. You about for the start of the grouse, welcome to join us if you fancy it, got the 12th &13th booked and you can come as my guest if you fancy it. Accomodation also sorted, all you need is a bottle!

www.wader-repair.co.uk

Edited by DIVERD