line breeding

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breeding good pups is a lottery, say you have a quality bitch and you out cross, you keep a bitch pup and out cross again, you could end up with very few of the original bitch's genes. If you line bre

line breeding is breeding to and individual (i.e)this is as i remember an old pedigree plan to line breed to a stud sire ( to reproduce his traits)     stud sire A to two quality femal

just take a look at sum of the inbread KC breeds sum of them are sum fuked up dogs

Difference is they are inbred for looks rather than performance.

The KC will no longer register inbred litters of pups ;)

Y.I.S Leeview

can someone put up the difference between line bred and in bred

in breeding is mating a bitch to a close relative;- brother/sire/son/grandfather etc

linebreeding is mating 2 dogs of similar ancestry ie some gt gt gt grandparents in common for example

outcrossing is breeding 2 dogs together who are entirely unrelated

in breeding is mating a bitch to a close relative;- brother/sire/son/grandfather etc

linebreeding is mating 2 dogs of similar ancestry ie some gt gt gt grandparents in common for example

thats what i thought, i might be wrong but didnt Dan say (outcrossing).? because they way i see it, how can get (gene defect) from to differnt breeds or lines of a breed, when not related.(to close)? Maybe i got it wrong from the thread.?

Breeding good pups is a lottery, say you have a quality bitch and you out cross, you keep a bitch pup and out cross again, you could end up with very few of the original bitch's genes. If you line breed with quality stock you will have far more of the original bitches genes , giving you a far greater chance of winning that lottery.

• Like 1

thats what i thought, i might be wrong but didnt Dan say (outcrossing).? because they way i see it, how can get (gene defect) from to differnt breeds or lines of a breed, when not related.(to close)? Maybe i got it wrong from the thread.?

No matter the relationship if two recessive genes click, you are gonna see deletirious traits. :thumbs:

got that romany ive got my bitches son but hes jus over 2 so got too out cross ideal world would be him on his dam if he had few more seasons under his belt an hes off the only past litter shes had so no other blood to use

Guest it's all my land after 12

line breeding is breeding to and individual (i.e)this is as i remember an old pedigree plan to line breed to a stud sire ( to reproduce his traits)

stud sire A to two quality females B and C then mate the offspring D and E together to

produce F ..... this is a double bred grand daughter of A (genetic equivilent to a daughter)

now pair A to F ..... this is a line bred daughter,but also his double great grand daughter

this gives you 75% A 12 1/2% B and 12 1/2 % C this is a proven plan and you can equally use it to line

breed to the female line, be it dogs, horses, pigeons .... whatever ...... the frowned upon thing is

that both linebreeding and inbreeding not only bring the good traits to the fore they bring the bad too

these must be culled .... thus removing the unwanted traits from the line.

Edited by it's all my land after 12
  • Like 1

line breeding is breeding to and individual (i.e)this is as i remember an old pedigree plan to line breed to a stud sire ( to reproduce his traits)

stud sire A to two quality females B and C then mate the offspring D and E together to

produce F ..... this is a double bred grand daughter of A (genetic equivilent to a daughter)

now pair A to F ..... this is a line bred daughter,but also his double great grand daughter

this gives you 75% A 25% B and 25% C this is a proven plan and you can equally use it to line

breed to the female line, be it dogs, horses, pigeons .... whatever ...... the frowned upon thing is

that both linebreeding and inbreeding not only bring the good traits to the fore they bring the bad too

these must be culled .... thus removing the unwanted traits from the line.

as above, this is what i would have put if i hadnt been so damned tired....

just take a look at sum of the inbread KC breeds sum of them are sum fuked up dogs

Y.I.S Leeview

so is father over daughter inbreed?if so how do you keep a good line going and keep them kc reg looking at the ped on my whippets father has been put over daughter [sootysam] many times

Y.I.S Leeview

so is father over daughter inbreed?if so how do you keep a good line going and keep them kc reg looking at the ped on my whippets father has been put over daughter [sootysam] many times

Very much so :wallbash: seen pedigrees where he is the sire,grandsire and great grandsire ie 3x inbred :thumbdown: just asking for trouble going that close

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

Very much so :wallbash: seen pedigrees where he is the sire,grandsire and great grandsire ie 3x inbred :thumbdown: just asking for trouble going that close

Y.I.S Leeview

leeview mate so are you saying the kc would not give you papers on dogs breed this way now

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

leeview mate so are you saying the kc would not give you papers on dogs breed this way now

I should hope so it might sort a particular line of whippet out that i have seen that wernt a patch on one from the same lines 28 years ago.