yes used to use introdine myself but an old boy i used to see at stafford and winsford told me what he did was get sprouted seed and roll it in clay and let them pick at it and he never had a problem

Please please please do not rely on old wife's tales like this...you WILL loose young greenies unless you use some form of sulphur drug.

never used the old boys method so cant comment on it but the sulphur drugs work but the law of averages you will lose some young birds, in the wild they must take on sulphur from a natural source

Our canarys kept going light when they started having chicks this year about april time we put limestone on the avairy floor and wee have this coccidia stuff in there water.

Generally speaking Canaries never suffer from going light!! Its possible you had an outbreak of ornithosis which can be treated with an antibiotic but I'm guessing here.

Did the birds have a nasal discharge?

Pigeon fanciers call it the 'snots'.

Edited by Meroman

Our canarys kept going light when they started having chicks this year about april time we put limestone on the avairy floor and wee have this coccidia stuff in there water.

Generally speaking Canaries never suffer from going light!! Its possible you had an outbreak of ornithosis which can be treated with an antibiotic but I'm guessing here.

Did the birds have a nasal discharge?

Pigeon fanciers call it the 'snots'.

My dads sure its coccidiosis there heads swelled up with puffy eyes we lost chicks and 2 adults they were pretty thin too we also lost a mule they kept gapeing aswell but it looks like they will be ok now touch wood.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that do you give the adults intradine when they moult or is it just the chicks that need it most.

its the chicks that need it,once through the moult theyre usually safe,i use esb3,its cheaper an easier to get hold of(for me anyway) and ive never lost a 1 from going light :thumbs:

craig your mess box is full regs steve

Thanks for that do you give the adults intradine when they moult or is it just the chicks that need it most.

its the chicks that need it,once through the moult theyre usually safe,i use esb3,its cheaper an easier to get hold of(for me anyway) and ive never lost a 1 from going light :thumbs:

not now mate :thumbs:

not now mate :thumbs:

pm sent :thumbs: