nightime longnetting

mapreader

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought some of you may be interested to see some night-time longnetting pics. you will have to bear with me as I can,t seem to put up more than three pics at a time, I,ve quite a few to upload and th

YAHOOO it worked Not sure if I mentioned that the first set of pic were from Sunday the 12th, this set are from Tuesday the 14th.   Same area and with 300 yards again. Again I,m working a wester

Ted It was called if I remember correctly. Cheers, D.

Posted Images

you may have seen ginger moley in a white van

not me

and as for good looking you must have changed alot over the years

and the pickup well just a red h a van them days

remember

or and a lurcher called sox

you got me guessing now :blink:

• 3 months later...
Guest Spartan

I now understand why I never caught bugger all armed with my 25yd net out of shooting times 28years ago

and no clue :laugh::laugh:

I am keen to have another go later this year when I find a net that wont bankrupt me :drink:

• 11 years later...

There were some good old names there from back in the days when this was a true hunting forum Duckwing, Peg and Gun , Woodga  and a few more and I could read their posts all night . What happened to Magwitch?he used to put great pictures of his days with the ferrets , wouldn't it be nice to go back to the days when the site was moderated  by people who had actually done a bit instead of the   spiteful Gaggle of uneducated Riff Raff that stamp around their Key boards like Midget Napoleans and like to get their way on Topics about the Snaring of  Fox Cubs. 

Munty  out side our gaff , lucky that one got passed the censors 

P1010005_zpsd0cc2ce8.jpg

15 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Remember that wee whippet, may even have been a cross ole magwitch had, seen some bunnies that mutt, mole catcher aswell I liked chatting to him an always picking his brains about the webs ?an duck wings roller pigeon thread is still one me all time faves, good days them mate?

Magwitch used to do a large Orchard  down south , he had some Rabbits out of that place over the years.

14 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Remember that wee whippet, may even have been a cross ole magwitch had, seen some bunnies that mutt, mole catcher aswell I liked chatting to him an always picking his brains about the webs ?an duck wings roller pigeon thread is still one me all time faves, good days them mate?

Ted It was called if I remember correctly.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

it was a three quarter whippet x Bedlington was Ted. Will try & create my own in a few years from my first cross bitch. if they end up anything like Ted I will be well happy. 

• Like 1

went out with magwich and his hunting partner ,,whos name on here I cant remember.....they came up to some land I had in Lincolnshire ....we had a grand day ferreting and running some other bits ...that dog of his was like greased lightning

yeh katchum brimmers posts were spot on....

10 minutes ago, TOMO said:

went out with magwich and his hunting partner ,,whos name on here I cant remember.....they came up to some land I had in Lincolnshire ....we had a grand day ferreting and running some other bits ...that dog of his was like greased lightning

yeh katchum brimmers posts were spot on....

Liked  Brimmer , very open bloke and made his dad tag along.

• Like 1

There used to be some great characters on here back then,loads of interesting stuff,and even back then some heated arguments,i remember ian taking the site offline for a few days due to "discussions" that went OTT ?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, mackem said:

There used to be some great characters on here back then,loads of interesting stuff,and even back then some heated arguments,i remember ian taking the site offline for a few days due to "discussions" that went OTT ?

One of the best was the two Jock pals who were blind drunk and fell out over the Moles being trapped 4 foot down then inventing the Cast Iron Rabbit Snare.

• Like 1