my patt was the fighter in his previous yard;- think it was kennel stress as he doesnt fight at all here, he has a lot more freedom in my yard as he has free run of 1/4 acre along with a terrier bitch and up until recently collies and a lurcher as well.

get rid of one, my life became so much easier without a fighter on the yard!

spot on mate :thumbs: had the same trouble myself years ago,never again

i have three dogs 7 year old pat 14 month old border and a4 month pat bitch it seems the border is trying to be top dog although he has just been castrated he play fights with the pat bitch and then the older pat dog fires in all guns blazing but allways comes out worst

i have three dogs 7 year old pat 14 month old border and a4 month pat bitch it seems the border is trying to be top dog although he has just been castrated he play fights with the pat bitch and then the older pat dog fires in all guns blazing but allways comes out worst

3 terriers together is a recipe for disaster. You'll have to separate one of them before you end up with a dead dog.

Staplers, like JD says, aren't always a good idea. I only use them for clean skin tears and cuts. Most bites are contaminated with bacteria so need to be left open to heal slowly from the inside. If your dogs are ripping eachother up to the extent that they need veterinary treatment I can't believe that you haven't separated them before. Do it now or lose a dog.

Edited by skycat

3 terriers together is a recipe for disaster. You'll have to separate one of them before you end up with a dead dog.

the older patt is seperated from the othere two at night and most of the day but when i come home i let them out and if some one rings the door bell the shit hits the fan (i have disconected it)they are all around me at the momentone under the table one in dog bed and the otherein the doorway all is calm

disconnecting the doorbell is like removing the stove from the kitchen because your toddler grabs a hot pan ... if it isn't the doorbell (or the stove) it is going to be something else.

that being said we have used staplers many times with great success for CERTAIN injuries such as easy clean barbed wire tears. But I have seen the results of poorly stapled injuries so am agreeing 100% it is not to be done lightly. A lot of people slag off vets but they DID go to school for a long time to learn and some are very very good.

• 2 weeks later...

pucture wounds have a tendancy to get infected and like others have said staplers are for rips and gashes etc. My vet was kind enough to show me how to use a stapler properly. Puncture wounds sholud be flushed with liberal amounts of saline solution. i got told years ago by a terrierman "kennel 3, bury 1". atb mrs A.R.D