• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

toyota jeeps these days pal

Who Peter O' Toole lol

ey gryhound and a bit of sheep dog , you wont go far wrong till you grow up and learn abit

Posted Images

back then baw hadnt come across them 85 we had been at the roosters for a while ,cash etc , so it was geting scary we were hunted by a few old landrovers got a lift home in a milk float ,had 2 or 3 mishaps on dark nites with feching eleci wire ,not recently ,gives you a real frite

Do you know something whin, there is only a few folk on here I'd like to go hunting with mate and your one of them. I might yank your chain but honestly mate, I can smell a bullshitter a mile off and I reckon your alright mate. f**k me, I think some c**ts spiked my diet Irn Bru......

back then baw hadnt come across them 85 we had been at the roosters for a while ,cash etc , so it was geting scary we were hunted by a few old landrovers got a lift home in a milk float ,had 2 or 3 mishaps on dark nites with feching eleci wire ,not recently ,gives you a real frite

going of topic whin and baws great adventures :clapper: start a new thread

Whin can be shrek and I'll be Donkey...... Or the cat, I'd like to be the cat. Whits his name?

quality pitures riohog still considering my options on saluki blood the Mrs is convinced which is handy but ive got to get this beddy whip sorted before expanding the pack :thumbs:

saluki blood all the way mate wouldnt get another lurcher unless it had at least half saluki in it they always seem 2 amaze me in the field.

what would the other half be :hmm: collie?? (because people say salukis lack intelegence/obiedence)?

pmsl they are clever enough to catch those gazzell , and definatly no collie in them !! :whistling:

fair comment but there are no livestock to distract them no roads to stop them running into and no real chance they are going to retrive a gazzell live to hand i was more contemplating collie blood to make my training easier as i am not an old hand?

By that statement do you think that saluki hybrids are unsafe with stock, disobediant and can't retrieve?

I have a little 1/4 saluki dog in my kennel that you couldn't get to chase sheep even if you wanted him to. He is as obedient as i need him to be and retrieves as good as any man could wish. Choose a dog to suit your quarry and please don't think that by getting a collie cross you'll end up with a field trial champion. I have seen lots of collie crosses that were not worth a light. Getting a good dog is just about 50/50 in my mind, 50% dog, 50% owner.

If the dog is poor then no owner can make it into a good one, likewise, if the owner is poor then he will never get the full potential out of a dog. You can't polish a turd. :victory:

I have heard the commmon stereotypes for years, and perhaps the early sal hybrids were a bit flighty, but maybe, just maybe, this was down to them being passed around.? :hmm: In my opinion the saluki hybrid doesn't lend itself to being passed from pillar to post, and they can be a one man dog in many instances. :victory:

As you have no-doubt guessed, i am a great fan of the saluki composite, and IMO it is the saluki that adds tractibility and toughness to the greyhound....The greyhound blood is in the mix for one thing, and one thing only.... :thumbs:

Happy Hunting ..JD

quality pitures riohog still considering my options on saluki blood the Mrs is convinced which is handy but ive got to get this beddy whip sorted before expanding the pack :thumbs:

saluki blood all the way mate wouldnt get another lurcher unless it had at least half saluki in it they always seem 2 amaze me in the field.

what would the other half be :hmm: collie?? (because people say salukis lack intelegence/obiedence)?

pmsl they are clever enough to catch those gazzell , and definatly no collie in them !! :whistling:

fair comment but there are no livestock to distract them no roads to stop them running into and no real chance they are going to retrive a gazzell live to hand i was more contemplating collie blood to make my training easier as i am not an old hand?

By that statement do you think that saluki hybrids are unsafe with stock, disobediant and can't retrieve?

I have a little 1/4 saluki dog in my kennel that you couldn't get to chase sheep even if you wanted him to. He is as obedient as i need him to be and retrieves as good as any man could wish. Choose a dog to suit your quarry and please don't think that by getting a collie cross you'll end up with a field trial champion. I have seen lots of collie crosses that were not worth a light. Getting a good dog is just about 50/50 in my mind, 50% dog, 50% owner.

If the dog is poor then no owner can make it into a good one, likewise, if the owner is poor then he will never get the full potential out of a dog. You can't polish a turd. :victory:

I have heard the commmon stereotypes for years, and perhaps the early sal hybrids were a bit flighty, but maybe, just maybe, this was down to them being passed around.? :hmm: In my opinion the saluki hybrid doesn't lend itself to being passed from pillar to post, and they can be a one man dog in many instances. :victory:

As you have no-doubt guessed, i am a great fan of the saluki composite, and IMO it is the saluki that adds tractibility and toughness to the greyhound....The greyhound blood is in the mix for one thing, and one thing only.... :thumbs:

Happy Hunting ..JD

Good read but I disagree with a couple of your points.... I don't think the mix is 50/50 I reckon its more 75/25 towards the dog cos I know a lot of thick c**ts who treat their dogs appalingly(never a word) and they still do well. Also you reckon the greyhound is only in the mix for one reason, again I disagree. You underestimate the greyhound as a noble hunter in its own right. Just like the saluki it has been around for many a year and will be used for hunting long after the "fashionable" saluki fades away. The saluki is used for one reason in my view and that is stamina.... As little as needed is the general rule of thumb.... What you reckon.... 1/4 saluki? Second cross?

Happy Hunting ..JD

Good read but I disagree with a couple of your points.... I don't think the mix is 50/50 I reckon its more 75/25 towards the dog cos I know a lot of thick c**ts who treat their dogs appalingly(never a word) and they still do well. Also you reckon the greyhound is only in the mix for one reason, again I disagree. You underestimate the greyhound as a noble hunter in its own right. Just like the saluki it has been around for many a year and will be used for hunting long after the "fashionable" saluki fades away. The saluki is used for one reason in my view and that is stamina.... As little as needed is the general rule of thumb.... What you reckon.... 1/4 saluki? Second cross?

hey ,its been as you say fashionable for nigh on 7000 years , not bad eh must be doing something right eh!!!!! nothing against the greyhound butpoor feet ,limitted stamina no comparison really !! although yes it has its place , just not right at the front :drink:

Happy Hunting ..JD

hey ,its been as you say fashionable for nigh on 7000 years , not bad eh must be doing something right eh!!!!! nothing against the greyhound butpoor feet ,limitted stamina no comparison really !! although yes it has its place , just not right at the front :drink:

7000 years in Britain??? f**k me mate, I never knew..... As for the greyhound, aye its feet might not be the best but that is why you breed it with more workable dogs like err, the saluki, etc. Do you think the saluki could take over the mantle of the greyhound as the no1 cross for hunting in this country, is that what your saying??? People take it as read that most lurchers have greyhound in them..... what cross is your dog.. oh its a deerhound cross.... its a collie cross.... its a bedlington cross.... no c**t thinks its crossed with a f*****g plug of a saluki hell no, we all know its the kink of kings... the greyhound. If you think your might saluki is better than the greyhound then your sadly mistaken.. :tongue2:

Happy Hunting ..JD

7000 years in Britain??? f**k me mate, I never knew..... As for the greyhound, aye its feet might not be the best but that is why you breed it with more workable dogs like err, the saluki, etc. Do you think the saluki could take over the mantle of the greyhound as the no1 cross for hunting in this country, is that what your saying??? People take it as read that most lurchers have greyhound in them..... what cross is your dog.. oh its a deerhound cross.... its a collie cross.... its a bedlington cross.... no c**t thinks its crossed with a f*****g plug of a saluki hell no, we all know its the kink of kings... the greyhound. If you think your might saluki is better than the greyhound then your sadly mistaken.. :tongue2:

stopit , have another iron bru ffs

Happy Hunting ..JD

stopit , have another iron bru ffs

LOL, admit it.... I nearly had you biting there didn't I??? Didn't I??? nibble nibble.... :tongue2: