Shampoo...............

brand name Head and Shoulders is the best, don't buy the generic/store label type even though its a lot cheaper. It will hep with fleas/ticks as well as really thoroughly cleansing the skin and hair. make sure to rinse very well, when you think you've rinsed enough, rinse another 3 times!

Can anyone recommend a good shampoo for my dog or would head and shoulders or Vosene be OK?.........................................

used to get some stuff from the vet , it was for horses but it was good stuff :yes: , it was green , cant for the life of me remember what its called if it comes to me il pm you :thumbs:

I use cheap brand head & shoulders.........used to workin a grooming parlour many years ago, they use to buy in big tubs of hair dressers shampoo. After rinsing this off we used to use a good conditioner. You only need a little conditioner, but have to leave it in for a few minuets for best effect...make sure it is all washed out. Another thing which is really good is a good spray of velvet coat, it really puts a shine on the coat...especially short hair dogs.

Edited by wuyang

If you don't want the expense of a dog produced shampoo, then always go with a baby produced shampoo. This is because there is a fair bit of salt in the rest which is no good to dogs coat or skin! Avoid bathing in general unless rolled in something, just a brush out at the end of the day should keep them in great condition, both coat and skin(boar brush or hound glove). Another cheap alternative is pet wipes, cleans the top coat while keeping the skin free from chemicals and all the crap in human shampoo!!

try balsamic vinegar.

5 parts water 1 part balsamic vinegar,use a small mixing bowl,and your other halfs flannel :thumbs: ,ring it out and rub the dog down,i geuss i ring it out about 5 times.the dog will smell of vinegar for about a day but then you get no smell at all.

cleans the coat,makes it shine and makes any unwanted hoasts leave because the dont like the acidity :thumbs: