Feather's first coon

quite alot of saluk crosses i have are jealous killers , dont mind it i run them single most of the time and if a dog is fighting something ,that fights back his back is up ,rag her with a few dead coons then let her get into a few young ones she either has it or not or still to young , sawq dogs kil roe rabbit hare and not touch fox then as they get older bang they much them ,all pre ban ,and along time ago ,your bitch should tell you when she is ready ,by the way she acts ,some bitches are very shy and others feching mental ,

Good write up Tiff, young dogs starting can be a little flustrating when your sure they should, or have, spotted summat only to see 'em dart the other way or stop still looking every which way bar the right one, all comes right though with a bit more practice, they get there 'eye in' and your proud as punch!

Meeri is dead right about the possession thing, it can be a worry if you need to run two dogs together and although it shouldn't be tolerated, its natural.

Possession always comes with one dog on the prize and another milling around. My advice would be to either get both dogs up to the same level, kill wise, so as neither leaves the quarry, until your there to rightly clame it or, try to ensure your over there as fast as poss to ensure its YOUR prize and the've done it for YOU.

You may find Feather is one of them dogs that don't wanna know any critter after the lifes gone out of it and may come right back to you after the kill. Nowt wrong with that, some of the best dogs have that trait and it can make life a little easier. ;)