kids, mules, dogs

The kids and I finally got a chance to go for a short ride yesterday afternoon. Our mules are so fat that they make me sick but with ball games literally 5 to 6 days and nights a week it makes it hard to do anything. Couple that with three times as much rain as usual around here and the days one can go riding are pretty slim. I think we went about 2 weeks ago or so and maybe a time or two before that but it just aint been a good summer so far.

Anyhow, we finally got to go out and take the dogs with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpyyeFr9Pgs

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We loped a bit yesterday but it was pretty hot for the dogs so not a whole lot. Plus the fact that our mules just aint right yet. They need about 30 or 40 miles put on em at a lope over the next couple weeks to get em where they will set right in and come up and do it right. Nothin gripes my ass worse than when they are fresh and wanna race horse and run instead of settin up and doin it right. Two ball games left this week and then we will have more time on our hands to get them legged up a bit and make em right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5iHyOUgDwQ

Guest deerhound hunter

NICE FOOTAGE ,IS THEIR PLENTY OF GAME WERE YOU LIVE OR DO HAVE TO TRAVEL OUT FOR IT,I,VE SEEN ALOT PICS OF YOURS,THE COYOTES LOOK TWICE AS BIG AS OUR FOXES MIGHT EVEN BE BIGGER DAN ANYWAY DO YOU HUNT ALL YEAR ROUND OR DO YOUS HAVE OFF SEASON ASWELL,IS IT YOUR OFF NOW.........ATB MATE ..DH

Edited by deerhound hunter

Ya, were are not really huntin these days. More just keepin the dogs from gettin fat and out of shape is all. It was well over 90 this weekend and humid as can be so you kinda gotta keep em near creeks and stuff so they can cool down.

We have lots of coyotes, not like the boys out west of course but plenty enough to never run out.