Another buttercup buck

I went for an afternoon stalk yesterday in the sunshine to see if I could catch anything out. After seeing 5 does, 2 of which had twins at foot I was starting to lose hope.

I then spotted a buck in a field of buttercups and the stalk was on. I had to negotiate a 5 bar gate and then creep a good 200 yards before I could get hidden behind a dry stone wall. It was very warm and I was sweating like a pig and my breathing was all over the place .The only shot available was off the top of the dry stone wall..... I waited til the buck turned broadside , steadied myself the best I could and released my 100 grn .243 , the buck dropped immediately to the shot . I was relieved :boogie: paced the buck out at 138 paces.

I was them swarmed by an army of flies whilst I performed the gralloch :censored:

The buck with his last supper .....

post-29-003786300 1277642840_thumb.jpg

Note he still had some winter pelage on his back and haunches and it was the 26th June :icon_eek:

post-29-063020900 1277642945_thumb.jpg

Looks a nice heavy buck that well done.

The bucks up here are very secretive now all bulking up for the coming rut.

Saying that had 1 in a clients sights this morning and I stopped it as it emerged from cover at 50m's and no bang his saftey was still on :icon_redface: the buck twigged us and he was off.

He will have to wait for the rut as had a cancellation tonight and thats me done now till the 15th july, I'm rearing poults.

Though i'm away this week after munties for an evening :clapper: and to sort out expanding my permissions out of county :thumbs: