• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We travelled down from Derbyshire last year and were very disappointed with this so called game fair.

It's more of a local show really, not many stalls, you could have looked round it in 5 minutes.

It is unfair and irresponsible to advertise this as a big event because people will travel long distances to the what amounts to be the middle of bloody nowhere (you will see what I mean when you try to find it) :icon_eek:

Save your hard earned for one of the proper events of the summer.

If I had travelled that distance then decided after you say five minutes this is not what was advertised I would have walked up to the organiser,and again if it was such a small affair he would have been easy to find,and asked for my money back,which if you were only there five minutes on the day You would have had ,not waited to come on here and complain as I cannot do anything about it now.

Criticism I can take when correct, as every member of the paying public has a right when they have paid their money,and anyone who wishes to improve as we do take it on board and use it,the stalls issue I have already explained and is something we hope will grow each Year.

As to the middle of Bloody nowhere :thumbdown: This is a quote of the Royal Welsh Agricultural Societies website. Royal Welsh Show has become an important event in the Welsh calendar attracting some 230,000 people over the course of the four days This show is held on some of the same fields as the Game fair,230,000 people seem to find it easy. :thumbs:

well said alun its a year too late to complain lol we go to alot of local shows and even the welsh wasn't as good as it has been in previous years but we make a weekend of it and enjoy and look how much that is advertised :icon_redface::victory:

I did make my feelings known on another forum at the time.

I got a pm taday telling me that Strongstuff said he'd never go back to this show as it was under par.

And wasn't there some whoo haaa about a show dog winning one of the the terrier classes?

Definately not woth the petrol money or the time.

The Royal Welsh show is on the official showground down the road, and not in an overgrown field.

The Heart of Wales show is in no way connected with this event.

Edited by Jonathon Gaister

post-5621-076906500 1279227151_thumb.jpgWould this be one of the show dogs you are talking about :wallbash: where was this mentioned because it wasn't on this forum Anyway You tell me of a show anywhere in the Country that dont give a rosette to a show dog in error or preference,almost every thread on here somebody has mentioned it

You are correct The Royal Welsh is not associated with this show,I never said they were they are our neighbours They only rent The ground from us the owners of this land to put the Royal Welsh on in fact it would be about 200 acres,if You require further proof I will post a photo its on next week.

Overgrown field clutching at straws now

I did make my feelings known on another forum at the time.

I got a pm taday telling me that Strongstuff said he'd never go back to this show as it was under par.

And wasn't there some whoo haaa about a show dog winning one of the the terrier classes?

Definately not woth the petrol money or the time.

The Royal Welsh show is on the official showground down the road, and not in an overgrown field.

The Heart of Wales show is in no way connected with this event.

you need to read what was said :no one said it was part of the royal welsh we said it was next door to the show grounds and easy enough to find and the main thing is no one makes you attend if you wernt happy you dont have to go :whistling:

Well, i cant wait! I looooove this show, go every year and have a real good time. The show is what you make it, chance to meet up with like minded people have a weekend away, little shine with the dogs and a bloody good laugh. Nice crowd of people who go to this one........25 more sleeps!!!!!

Alun, I'm up at the show Thursday, i promise i will pop in for the posters, been busy with my new job :)

PS Al has lost all his numbers off his phone again so if you get a min give him a call or txt so he can store your number and can you let kev know too

Thanks

Amanda x

New this Year just been agreed

On Both Days

Laser Clay Pigeon Shooting :gunsmilie:

1st 2nd 3rd trophies on both Days along with the best shot on both Days wins a Days canoeing on the river Wye

Glenn Glitter Scott Children's entertainer magic show and Circus skills :icon_eek:

And the Meerkats are coming back simples

post-5621-005296500 1280254565_thumb.jpg

can everyone who has one a championship at any show in GB this year and qualified for heart of wales please remember the championship show is on sun morning before the open show starting about 12 o clock thanks if you are not sure if you have qualified please pm me :toast::thumbs:

if your into your courcing and racing and think you have a fast dog lets see you at the show to try out for the HEART OF WALES BULLET CHAMPIONSHIP AND TOP H.O.W COURCING CHAMP 2010 winners of the racing and courcing of sat and sun will go through to the championship against the winners of the may and oct shows :toast::toast::toast::cheers: :showoff: :thumbs: