THE MEN FROM THE U.S OF A

Guest DogFaceKillah

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From horse back the true way of hunting a Stag.[Old Pic} Young pup All grown up Old pic Not as tough as he started RIP Off Game lol General Custer just before he got stretched Hun

we don't hit the coyotes like Dan, Doc, Caps etc do, coon are our specialty although they'll run anything       the new and the experienced     Bull/Stag Loca learning the ropes from her

more

Posted Images

This is what happens when theres to many dogs

ZEHMP-sorefoot.jpg

Can you imagine how lame that white dog must have been afterwards, or if it even ran again?

how did the white dog pull up after that run in? how did it heal?

CH-Like Doc said it looked worse than it was {Not my dog or dogs} I think the dog was laid up for a week or two.

This is what happens when theres to many dogs

ZEHMP-sorefoot.jpg

Can you imagine how lame that white dog must have been afterwards, or if it even ran again?

how did the white dog pull up after that run in? how did it heal?

Dogs get their feet bit when they havent learned to keep them back. I would bet it looks worse than it was, but you can be sure if it was MY dog it would be running on the next coyote I spotted that day...and I bet it would be a lil more careful about where it put its feet... :doh:

The frozen ground, rocks, and plow are harder on their feet than the coyotes are, most the time.

Take care.

uphilldoc thanks for the reply looks like theres an awful lot of coyotes out there do they ever get low in numbers or are there not many lads hunting them

uphilldoc thanks for the reply looks like theres an awful lot of coyotes out there do they ever get low in numbers or are there not many lads hunting them

Never seen a shortage yet, kill abunch and more move into the area. Guy I know over near Roswell shot 32 from a plane on his ranch in one morning, went out the next day and shot over a hundred! Out West with every hand turned against them coyotes just keep on going a tough resourceful animal. wolves got pushed out of a lot of their range by humans coyotes just carried right on, they can be a real pain when I am hawking following me around hassling the dogs and trying to eat my falcon. When i have more room I will have to get a dog more suited to yote work.

all the best Terence

Terence have you noticed them getting bolder with each encounter?

Seems to vary from group to group and some individuals, it also had to be said that i hunt around the edge of the city so these are quite urban coyotes very desensified to humans and dogs too.

I have had coyotes that followed me about a 100yds back barking at me on several occaisions, usualy my falcon gets annoyed and flies over and wacks them in the head and the dogs run at it but dont follow through.

I have had my falcon robbed on the kill a few times by coyotes that know I am killing rabbits, had a pack of four join the course once lol.

that group actually surrounded me and my mate and our dogs in the sage as we fed the falcon on its kill, they never came closer than a 100ft but they werent exactly nervous of our presence.

At the start of last season I was out with just my old dog Percy and two coyotes cut in between us and tried to push him toward a patch of sage about 200yds away. Three more coyotes popped out from there and went for him. percy was way too quick for them and ran back to me but it was clear that those yotes thought sighthound was on the menu.

to put a bit of context on this Percy weighs 65lb and is built like a brickshithouse. He has never been one for tangling with dogs or yotes but he can look after himself, he owned a pit that attacked him on the leash once throwing it around like a rag and would of killed it without my intervention. just once he took on a yote with my old deerhound greyhound and had no bother with the other dog pinning the yote but not something he looks at since the deerhound cross died.

So this was not a little yappy dog being picked off from someones backyard but a strong powerful dog and the coyotes even with me right there thought they could take him.

So yes coyotes are pretty cocky around Albuquerque.

This next season me and my mate will probably run our young dogs with some real yote dogs so they can see it being done. Dont really care if my dogs learn to kill coyotes but would like them to runthem and hit them at least teach them to fear my dogs a bit. lol My mates Tazi will run the coyotes off on his own if they come close to the falcon and have seen him run into the same group that tried to eat Percy and bowl one over, he is a cocky smart ass dog that way and wouldnt take much to join in with a veteran dog. gotta go dinner is ready.

all the best Terence

dan

you're frigging making me homesick. i haven't heard of any monkeys & footballs in 4 or 5 months. the 2X4 thing turned me on a bit too.

for you gents that liked the Custer pics, he had a pair of scotch staghounds(1 dog & 1 gyp) given him by Queen Victoria that he took out west with him. the dog ran off from the fort one day out the gateand out of sight but followed quickly by a young cavalry trooper. when he caught up to him the dog had killed a wolf single handed (not the big canadian monsters but a plains wolf of 50-70#). the same dog caught & tripped an adolescent bison bull and the gyp piled on after the trip. Custer killed the bull by hamstringing it & putting the muzzle of his revolver to it's head and shooting because the dogs had it pinned to the ground. if these accounts are true (& the wolf kill actually had multiole witnesses to the carcass so it might be) those were some damn good dogs.

i'm almost embarassed to put up my Sonic dog since he's not a coyote killer. in fact he's not even a good lurcher (my fault 1st longdog & 3 trips to Iraq). but he's become such a good yard dog that the wife has decided i'm only allowed to get sighthounds from now on. anyway here he is on a big feral hog (lot of hampshire blood in this one i think) w/ a friends dogo & a hound.

BrigusandBoar.jpg

it's been a while but some will remember these pics

grey fox

DSC01191.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

his very first coon a kitten less than 10#

DSC01741-2.jpg

his 2nd 20# coon and i'll see if the wife can dig up the pics of the first one

DSC01186.jpg

ALL GAME TAKEN IN ACCORDANCE W/ THE LAWS OF THE STATES IN WHICH THEY WERE TAKEN

Some pics from about ten years ago with Ernie Eichwalds dogs and my deer grey

miscdogs004-1.jpg

miscdogs003.jpg

miscdogs001.jpg

And my dogs now

Falconryvidspics061.jpg

dogpics074.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

I need to get some upto date pics of the pups but cant find my camera

in the first pics do the dogs usualy avoid the sharp end and wait for a good hold

it's been a while but some will remember these pics

grey fox

DSC01191.jpg

ALL GAME TAKEN IN ACCORDANCE W/ THE LAWS OF THE STATES IN WHICH THEY WERE TAKEN

Nice looking dog, looks like a collie/grey/Suluki a mate of mine had

Some pics from about ten years ago with Ernie Eichwalds dogs and my deer grey

miscdogs004-1.jpg

miscdogs003.jpg

miscdogs001.jpg

And my dogs now

Falconryvidspics061.jpg

dogpics074.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

I need to get some upto date pics of the pups but cant find my camera

in the first pics do the dogs usualy avoid the sharp end and wait for a good hold

Nah they were all really tired we caught 5 that day if I remember right. Normally the smoothcoated bitch would have the yote by the throat just like that, she was the most efficient yote dog I have seen so far and fast too.