THE MEN FROM THE U.S OF A

Guest DogFaceKillah

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From horse back the true way of hunting a Stag.[Old Pic} Young pup All grown up Old pic Not as tough as he started RIP Off Game lol General Custer just before he got stretched Hun

we don't hit the coyotes like Dan, Doc, Caps etc do, coon are our specialty although they'll run anything       the new and the experienced     Bull/Stag Loca learning the ropes from her

more

Posted Images

STUNTMAN-LOL...I will try to pace myself, but dont worry I will run out of steam long before I run out of pics. (The kids helped me out... :icon_redface: )

Rokon is closest to the camera... :clapper:

Too bad Kye wasnt there, we could have seen him try out his spear... :icon_eek:

Take care.

what is the situation with rabies over there do you innoculate your dogs against it also what time of year is best for hunting the coyote or do you hunt them all year ...great pics looks like really good sport

and do get much prob with snakes (rattlers) as well, as most of your hunting seems in the bush.???

any one.?????????? great pics on the thread :thumbs:

Tiff-Thats a 130+ wolf. We had an even bigger one hit by a car just up the road from my house. The ones this size could pick up a stag and run off with it. They eat the bear dogs like a cat eats a mouse.

Kye-I think you would have better luck trying to spear a lion, rather than stabbin one, but either way, I would love to see ya give it a go. Gettin that close to a big predator is an adrenaline you cant buy! :notworthy:

Johnny-Grace was a 1/2 cross bullxstag. She literally caught everything from hares to bears. I dont expect I will ever own another like her, but I have two off her bred back to a stag, (Hoss and T) that I like alot, and plan to keep her blood alive with them in the future.

bird/scal-I dont worry about rabies, as its VERY rare in MY area, but if a dog makes it thru its first season I will go ahead and give it a rabies shot. Coyotes can be hunted 24/7 365, but the best time to hunt them with running dogs is late fall-early spring. Summer brings dog killing heat, and rattlers, so what hunting we do with the stags is done on the lamp. I have had dogs bitten by snakes, some die and some just swell up. Usually by the time you notice they have been bitten, its too late to do anything. Its a chance you take. IMO, they arent much more likely to ge bitten by a snake while out hunting than while in their pen, as the snakes go where they please.

Take care.

Edited by UphillDoc

Johnny Grace was a firstX bull/stag, we have a daughter of hers called Loca (Crazy) that is 1/4 bull 3/4 stag, maybe UphillDoc, Hoss1 and whoever else has the littermates can put up pics? I'd like to see some new ones anyway!

May2010063.jpg

Bird our vet recommends annual rabies vaccinations due to the very regular contact all of our dogs (even my pet dogs) have with anything from coon to skunk to bats. So he comes to the farm once a year and jabs them all for about $7 each. Some people jab every 3 years and even some nutjobs don't jab at all due to the stigma growing about vaccinations. But sorry, we will err on the side of caution until enough studies come back proving what they claim.

About snakes, where we live (midwest) we have all sorts of snakes but only a few poisonous ones, and as we don't normally hunt in the heat when they are the most active we've never had a run-in with one. Lots of rat snakes, black snakes, etc but all non-poisonous and good for keeping the rats and mice down. Even when we lived in the desert and were out daily with the dogs we never had a problem. When I lived in California I was bitten twice by diamondback rattlers as a teenager, we had horses and were always seeing them which is another reason I'm glad NOT to live there anymore!

I think this was in Florida, not my cat :laugh:

cat.jpg

Kye thinks he's the English Steve Irwin

070507015.jpg

We leave all snakes alone that we see but some people kill everyone. There are technically 5 "poisonous" snakes here, 2 regular vipers and 3 rattlers, these 2 are the ones to stay away from in our area

copperheads are dangerous but NOT deadly

copperhead.jpg

cottonmouth (also known as a water moccasin) - Fatal and agressive, lives around water, much more plentiful in the southern part of the state but we do get them here along rivers and year-round-creeks.

cottonmouthwatermoccasin.jpg

I knew someone over in Oklahoma who lost several dogs a year to snakebites, but I think that is quite unusual.