I am thinking about getting a pair of waders and was wondering if anyone can recommend any brands, materials etc. I was thinking about getting pair of breathable chesties as they look the most versatile and hopefully mean that I won't be sweating my a**e off when then sun comes out. Any views would be appreciated.

cheers :)

Guest pete evans

i got a set of scierra mbq waders from glasgow angling centre for 120 quid with a set of greyhound wading boots. the waders are great, so much better than the neoprene ones. the boots are ok but i added studs to them as the felt is really slippery on weedy rocks.

pigfish.JPG

not very flattering on the figure though

pete

ps most of the mail order places sportfish, fishtec GAC etc do the same deals on these.

i got a set of scierra mbq waders from glasgow angling centre for 120 quid with a set of greyhound wading boots. the waders are great, so much better than the neoprene ones. the boots are ok but i added studs to them as the felt is really slippery on weedy rocks.

pigfish.JPG

not very flattering on the figure though

pete

ps most of the mail order places sportfish, fishtec GAC etc do the same deals on these.

Cheers pete. I will hunt around to get the best deal. I am keeping my eye on ebay as well. Do you need to wear thermals underneath them or are they warm enough?

Guest pete evans

depends on weather obviously, i have used them float tubing in tassie where it was about 5 degrees and hailing with just trackies underneath. bit cold but not too bad.

pete

Guest pete evans

nov

tried to pm you about this but it didnt work.

tightlines are having a summer sale on breathable waders. theres 4 different pairs going for 60-70 quid theres also some wading boots reduced from 80 to 30 quid. deffinatly worth a look.

tightlines 0870 8000 123

pete

nov

tightlines are having a summer sale on breathable waders. theres 4 different pairs going for 60-70 quid theres also some wading boots reduced from 80 to 30 quid. deffinatly worth a look.

tightlines 0870 8000 123

pete

Cheers Pete, I will ket on to it.

nov

tightlines 0870 8000 123

pete

Cheers Pete, I will ket on to it.

I'm sorted for waders now. Got some Wychwood breathable chest waders off ebay for £45 quid. They have a zip out fleece liner as well. Cheers for the help Pete. :)