Daihatsu sportrak

Ebay has a lot to answer for...just gone and bought myself a 1996 sportrak elxi and I hav'nt even seen it in the flesh yet!

Much cheapness at 450 quid though, from the pictures it seems relatively rust free and in decent condition, low miler with part history too and a long mot. Picking it up on friday and will drive it the 50 odd miles home.

Anyone on here have any experience with one of these?...any horrors I should look out for? Can anyone suggest a decent brand of cheapish all terrain tyres which are also decent on the road?

Anyway, at £450 its worth the risk I reckon, will make a decent dog bus. Will update the thread on the weekend once I've picked it up and driven it for a while, then we'll see if its such a bargain...or not. All going well it will be transporting me and the hounds to the welsh game fair on sunday.

Ebay has a lot to answer for...just gone and bought myself a 1996 sportrak elxi and I hav'nt even seen it in the flesh yet!

Much cheapness at 450 quid though, from the pictures it seems relatively rust free and in decent condition, low miler with part history too and a long mot. Picking it up on friday and will drive it the 50 odd miles home.

Anyone on here have any experience with one of these?...any horrors I should look out for? Can anyone suggest a decent brand of cheapish all terrain tyres which are also decent on the road?

Anyway, at £450 its worth the risk I reckon, will make a decent dog bus. Will update the thread on the weekend once I've picked it up and driven it for a while, then we'll see if its such a bargain...or not. All going well it will be transporting me and the hounds to the welsh game fair on sunday.

been lamping in one before perfect for you and a mate and a few dogs go anywhere pal they have some real bollocks good little motor.

Had one of these before,did a bit of offroading in it wasn't too bad,roof comes off the back for open top driving,i have some pics and videos on an external drive

i will try and get them up for you,that's not a bad price i paid £800 for mine,

Higgins

Cheers folks, have done some research on the sportraks, seem pretty good overall. I've had a good few 4x4's in the past, but never a daihatsu (vitara, sj410, trooper). Will be searching ebay for a decent set of spare wheels with some aggresive tyres for the winter months, few other bits I'd like to get though. If all goes well then the first job will be to remove the back seats and ply line the floor to make it into a van.

My mate has had a couple they are good lamping motors.

If you take the back section of you have almost got a pickup!

Get a set of all terrains on it and it will go most places.

For serious off road mud terrains but to be honest where would you need em in the general run of things?

For serious off road mud terrains but to be honest where would you need em in the general run of things?

ive got one now just for lamping, keep it at the farm, i can get this little motor anywere with crap tires on, very good offroad, good fuel eco, i like it alot its done alot of miles and is still going well, fuel filter was f****d when i got it, stuck a pound filter on from a motor bike, still runs fine, one problem free wheeling hubs can be a pain, i just keep mine in 4 as its always off road, :thumbs:

Got the daihatsu home, the drive was fine, turns out its a cracking little motor, one or two tiny patches of surface rust on the body...nothing really, chassis is rock solid, engine pulls like a train, fuel economy was better than expected, even the interior is in great condition.

The mileage of 60 odd thousand is genuine (service history to 40k and all old mot's to prove it) so seems like it was a bit of a bargain at the price.Took the back seats out today ready for a ply floor to be installed and gave it a thorough once over, will service it in the next week or so myself and probably do the cam belt while I'm at it just to be on the safe side. The only fault I can find is that the brakes are a bit crap so will change the pads too.

So far so good...here's some pics.

post-37748-073546600 1276971538_thumb.jpg

post-37748-013461700 1276971568_thumb.jpg