what gun

Guest smoothrun

Hay all im looking to get a air gun for shooting rabbits but i have not got a lot of cash. What would you recomend?

Springer or PCP? If funds are very limited you'll probably have to look at springers, PCPs tend to go for more money.

One thing I'll say is that I love springers, nothing wrong with PCPs and I've had a few of them, but I was brought up on springers and I still use one to this day.

How much were you looking to spend?............Al :thumbs-up:

About £200 :icon_redface:

Just had a quick look in the Air Gunner magazine and you are looking at:

BSA Lightning

BSA Supersport

Webley Excocet

Weihrauch HW95

all plus a standard sort of scope of course, something like a hawke 3-9x40.

all around the £200 mark

About £200 :icon_redface:

Just had a quick look in the Air Gunner magazine and you are looking at:

BSA Lightning

BSA Supersport

Webley Excocet

Weihrauch HW95

all plus a standard sort of scope of course, something like a hawke 3-9x40.

all around the £200 mark

All good value for money rifles, I'd be leaning towards the HW95 myself, the other thing would be to try some for "feel" at a gun shop, then shop around. You could check out freeads online and another useful source of info is the online reveiw site, I always check this before I buy a rifle, you could have comments ranging from expert to someone like me who can't hit the side of a barn :11: and that's on a good day!.......Al ;)

Guest smoothrun
Air arms s200's are brilliant little guns, remeber you need some form of charging device for them aswell either a pump or bottle. If you dont mind forking out for one of them aswell id definatly get one. Joe

I cant find a price on them :icon_redface: can someone have a look for me? :victory:

Air arms s200's are brilliant little guns, remeber you need some form of charging device for them aswell either a pump or bottle. If you dont mind forking out for one of them aswell id definatly get one. Joe

I cant find a price on them :icon_redface: can someone have a look for me? :victory:

About £250ish, maybe a bit +or-, try Blackpool Air Rifles, Target Sports or JS Ramsbottom.........Al :thumbs-up:

Just had a look for you, and there about £250 just for the gun but second hand would obviously be alot cheaper. But bear in mind you have to get charging gear as well and a scope, bag, pellets etc.

My first P.C.P was BSA Spitfire with a basic 3-9x40 scope, webley pump and gun bag, all new and that came to £400. And that was starting at the cheapest end of the P.C.P market (but still a very decent setup).

Hay all im looking to get a air gun for shooting rabbits but i have not got a lot of cash. What would you recomend?

Ive got a falcon fn12 22. carbine pcp,bolt action x2 8 shot magazines walnut stock,silencer,hawke 4x40 scopes,sling soft case logun hand pump in good nick for sale, a measly £220 posted, christmas bargain :thumbs-up: