f*****g sparrowhawk!!!

macavelli you talking rubbish have a word with a pigeon flier you muppit

feck the pigeon flyers :wallbash: i breed british birds and get regular visits from the spar,and i have to say it pisses me off especially in the breeding season,but what right have i got or anybody else for that matter to kill them,just because theyre disturbing my birds :icon_eek: ffs get a grip,you can only be in awe of such a creature :notworthy: imo prevention is much better than the cure :thumbs: and if i saw a pigeon flyer shoot a spar im afraid id shoot his pigeon :thumbs:

:thumbs:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW CAN YOU BLAME A FOX FOR FEEDING ITS YOUNG ????????

HOW CAN YOU BLAME A MINK FOR FEEDING ITS YOUNG ???????

HOW CAN YOU BLAME A RAT FOR FEEDING ITS YOUNG ???????

THEY ARE ALL ANIMALS ................ ITS HOW CERTAIN PEOPLE LOOK AT THEM AND HOW THEY MAKE THEM FEEL OR REACT .

THATS

HYPOCRITICAL .............. THINK ON IT

DUCKWING

Problem is.....how can you blame a man for protecting his livestock....

another problem is....how can you blame a hawk for feeding itself or its young :victory:

Thats certainly 1 way to look at it......................heres another! For every bird i lose by a hawk this season i shall invoice you for 25 pounds because that is what i have just lost, you'd soon change your opinion when it hits 'you' in the pocket. Were top of the food chain i'm afraid. :yes:

HOW CAN YOU BLAME A FOX FOR FEEDING ITS YOUNG ????????

HOW CAN YOU BLAME A MINK FOR FEEDING ITS YOUNG ???????

HOW CAN YOU BLAME A RAT FOR FEEDING ITS YOUNG ???????

THEY ARE ALL ANIMALS ................ ITS HOW CERTAIN PEOPLE LOOK AT THEM AND HOW THEY MAKE THEM FEEL OR REACT .

THATS

HYPOCRITICAL .............. THINK ON IT

DUCKWING

i am thinking on it duckwing,but we'l still have to agree to disagree,i cant class spars as vermin,as i would fox as for mink kill em all theyre introduced vermin and rats, well... :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I found a nice plump racing pigeon in my garden today (dead). I phoned the number on its ring to tell the owner of its demise. I described its injuries and the guy said it was likely hit by a hawk. I don't keep pigeons but it seemed a shame.........even so, I still like to see the sparrowhawks in action.

I found a nice plump racing pigeon in my garden today (dead). I phoned the number on its ring to tell the owner of its demise. I described its injuries and the guy said it was likely hit by a hawk. I don't keep pigeons but it seemed a shame.........even so, I still like to see the sparrowhawks in action.

thats nature mate :notworthy: i have no idea how pigeonmen can moan about spars,they let their fooking birds out of the safety of its aviary into the big bad world,and then moan about spars taking their birds :blink::no:

surely you would lose a lot more if you were caught shooting sparrow hawks and peregrines.

Was that aimed at me....? If so i'd have to say its a risk that some have to take. I dont think most people looking after birds would want to go out and shoot every BOP that they see but i am sure that they would love to here of a cull period or an easier way to pick up a license for controling problem birds.

surely you would lose a lot more if you were caught shooting sparrow hawks and peregrines.

Was that aimed at me....? If so i'd have to say its a risk that some have to take. I dont think most people looking after birds would want to go out and shoot every BOP that they see but i am sure that they would love to here of a cull period or an easier way to pick up a license for controling problem birds.

wasnt aimed at you,was just reading through the thread.oh and i wasnt being smart by that either was just asking.dont know musch about the ratio of birds a sparrow hawk would take in a season.but surely people who rear birds must take that into consideration that some will be lost.

wasnt aimed at you,was just reading through the thread.oh and i wasnt being smart by that either was just asking.dont know musch about the ratio of birds a sparrow hawk would take in a season.but surely people who rear birds must take that into consideration that some will be lost.

I didnt think you were being smart, i wasn't sure if the question was for me as you never quoted anyone. But in answer to your question the sparrowhawk is not as bad as the buzzard. The sparrowhawk will take birds when they are young and first introduced to the pen but will stop when the birds reach around the 12/13 week stage. the buzzard however keeps on goingt right up to fully grown. That is why i would call the spar' a nuisance but the buzzard just a complete b*****d!

Are we going to get through a thread without an argument i wonder :whistling:

thats nature mate :notworthy: i have no idea how pigeonmen can moan about spars,they let their fooking birds out of the safety of its aviary into the big bad world,and then moan about spars taking their birds :blink::no:

lets have it right the pigeons cant be that good or fast if there getting caught by spars so the spars are doing the pigeon fliers a favour by killing them and they aint going to waste

lets have it right the pigeons cant be that good or fast if there getting caught by spars so the spars are doing the pigeon fliers a favour by killing them and they aint going to waste

A wind up i surely...........or just :doh: ...... :hmm:

I didnt think you were being smart, i wasn't sure if the question was for me as you never quoted anyone. But in answer to your question the sparrowhawk is not as bad as the buzzard. The sparrowhawk will take birds when they are young and first introduced to the pen but will stop when the birds reach around the 12/13 week stage. the buzzard however keeps on goingt right up to fully grown. That is why i would call the spar' a nuisance but the buzzard just a complete b*****d!

lol guess there a first for everything.you do ahve a point on buzzards,even travelling from glasgow on the [bANNED TEXT] every 5th fence post there a buzzard perched on it.seems to be an abundance of them.not so sure about sparrow hawks though.thought they were on the decline.me personally i wouldnt shoot a bop but i can see where it would infuriate you,but remember a few years back on a certain grouse moor off the a74 where the keepers were caught poisoining bop cpl lost ther jobs and cottages through it.surely it aint worth the risk.

lol guess there a first for everything.you do ahve a point on buzzards,even travelling from glasgow on the motorway every 5th fence post there a buzzard perched on it.seems to be an abundance of them.not so sure about sparrow hawks though.thought they were on the decline.me personally i wouldnt shoot a bop but i can see where it would infuriate you,but remember a few years back on a certain grouse moor off the a74 where the keepers were caught poisoining bop cpl lost ther jobs and cottages through it.surely it aint worth the risk.