Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nov

Beating

Guest Nov

Anyone go beating? I'm off beating tomorrow, hopefully it will lead to a little permission with the air rifle.

Has anyone here ever gained permission through going beating?

I once did some beating...my advice is to wear waterproof , thornproof clothes ..... <_< my poor legs were scared after about 10 miles of brambles, looked like i had been rolling with a bloody tiger!!!!

Guest Nov

Just back, 5 mins ago I walked through the door. Had a superb day, the weather was great (maybe a little too warm), the sceneary is superb, saw 5 roe deer together (3 young 2 adult), saw 1 roe alone, 1 white (albino)cock pheasant shot (£25 penalty to the gun), good company, pub dinner provided and payed £15 for the pleasure <_<:D:yes: And to top that off, I may be allowed to go on the estate with the airgun :D but defo not the dog.

I strongly recommend beating to anyone who is trying to get their foot in the hunting/shooting world.

Yes , we have as much ferreting and air-rifle shooting, of rabbits and vermin, if we help with the beating.

We have also been passed onto another estate, for ferreting. All from offering to go beating.